Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 05-03-19

Default German made Tuningkit

Hi, has anyone used Tuningkit from Germany on their Pajero NX? I used this in my diesel dual cab and it is brilliant. On top of that it does not cost an arm and a leg.

https://www.tuningkit.com/en/shop/mi...7kw-441nm.html
Old 05-03-19
Valued Member

I.ll start making the popcorn now.
Old 05-03-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
Hi, has anyone used Tuningkit from Germany on their Pajero NX? I used this in my diesel dual cab and it is brilliant. On top of that it does not cost an arm and a leg.

https://www.tuningkit.com/en/shop/mi...7kw-441nm.html

Wouldn,t go near one while my car is new and under warranty...Slightest excuse and MM will say warranty void. This is not a simple add on but a motor parameter changer....thus voiding any mechanical damage to motor and associated bits.
Old 05-03-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Wouldn,t go near one while my car is new and under warranty...Slightest excuse and MM will say warranty void. This is not a simple add on but a motor parameter changer....thus voiding any mechanical damage to motor and associated bits.
Like the Munji this chip can be removed in 2 minutes. I have it in my current diesel dual cab when new and always remove them for servicing. My experience in them has been very positive. In any case I have emailed them asking if they have a tuningkit for a NX with DPF.
Old 05-03-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
Like the Munji this chip can be removed in 2 minutes. I have it in my current diesel dual cab when new and always remove them for servicing. My experience in them has been very positive. In any case I have emailed them asking if they have a tuningkit for a NX with DPF.

Servicing takes 6 hrs once a yaer. That means your driving 364 days with the chip in place. Your choice but if anything goes wrong whilst in warranty period to the motor or its ancillaries...you,ll wear it. Worth the gamble...not for me. My NW is 4 years 3 months of age. After 5 years I will have an ecu remap to assist with better towing (only tow around 1800kgs). This is outside the warranty period and will give me peace of mind and will know that any issues could well be my problem.
Old 05-03-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Servicing takes 6 hrs once a yaer. That means your driving 364 days with the chip in place. Your choice but if anything goes wrong whilst in warranty period to the motor or its ancillaries...you,ll wear it. Worth the gamble...not for me. My NW is 4 years 3 months of age. After 5 years I will have an ecu remap to assist with better towing (only tow around 1800kgs). This is outside the warranty period and will give me peace of mind and will know that any issues could well be my problem.
I see you point. Perhaps Pajero having a larger motor do not need a chip. I used teh chip mainly to reduce turbo lag. How is the lag in a Pajero?