Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Market place > Accessories (inc. Parts)

Old 26-02-19

Default PB Challenger parts

Said goodbye to the Challenger last week with a little sadness but was time to move it on. Thanks to everyone on the forum for chiming in when I've posted questions,. Special thanks to OJ for assisting with suspension set-up. I've learned heaps! I'll still check in from time to time to see what's up on the site.

I have a couple of parts that got replaced on insurance some years ago (very minor scratches/damage on them but really nothing wrong with them at all) so I kept in shed in case I needed down the track.

1 x Side Mirror (Passenger side) $40
1 x Front Bumper (colour is "Champagne" which is the gold colour). $100

PM me if interested.

Parted ways with my 2010 PB Manual after 9 years of reliable motoring...
Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg
Old 26-02-19
Valued Member

No problems Big Dave with the assistance, hopefully it made your time with the Challenger more enjoyable.

So what did you replace it with and why?

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 26-02-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
No problems Big Dave with the assistance, hopefully it made your time with the Challenger more enjoyable.

So what did you replace it with and why?

OJ.
Hi OJ,

The challenger was a great vehicle and it never let me down on the road - ever! But it was really beyond its limit at GVM whilst pulling my 2.5T van - and bordering on unsafe as you could guess - ok on the flat (most of SA) but not so great in the hilly areas where the manual caught me out a few times such was the lack of pull at low revs. Mountains in the eastern states were off limits! Wanted more payload too so I can take all the toys on extended trips which pushed me down the dual cab ute path.

I like the Tritons but they're a bit too "lightweight" for my needs. After much to and fro beween all the makes and following the specific model facebook groups for about 6 months, I settled on a Colorado LTZ (2018 run-out). All makes have their problems but there doesn't seem to be many negative reports about the current series Colorado. Fingers crossed it will serve me as well as the Challenger did.

Thanks & best regards,
Dave

Parted ways with my 2010 PB Manual after 9 years of reliable motoring...
Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg