Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 23-11-18

Default Pat Callinan 4X4 Adventures

Hey guys,

Anyone watching the latest season of Pats show? What are people's thoughts? It's a very different show compared to previous seasons..
Old 23-11-18

Starting to move towards a more 4wd Action style. More about looking for 4wd tracks rather than the destination it seems. Still don't mind it but I don't think it's quite as good. Do wish he'd turn off the flashing drl's though, they are really annoying.

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.
Old 25-11-18

I gave up on Pat a couple of years ago, though I have seen a few bits on tv now and then. I'm finding the state of the 4wd shows to be pretty poor now. Pat - this is how you 4wd with the expensive gear when you don't pay for it and shave every day out on the track. 4wd Action - No more indepth talking about tracks and destinations, just drive hard until you break something. Offroad Adventure Show - Brought to you by "pick a sponsor".

All 4 Adventure I find pretty entertaining though.
Old 25-11-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanCounter View Post
All 4 Adventure I find pretty entertaining though.
Yeah though they are starting to drift also when you start towing huge vans across the Simpson or through Cape York.

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.
Old 26-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
Yeah though they are starting to drift also when you start towing huge vans across the Simpson or through Cape York.

Its called "glamping". A disease common to many cashed up, look at me city slickers.
Old 26-11-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Its called "glamping". A disease common to many cashed up, look at me city slickers.
And next we'll have a show called Celebrity 4WD where all the hosts from all the shows will be "abandoned" in the middle of the high country and will need to compete at various tasks to survive, like... Bought to you by...

Old 05-12-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
And next we'll have a show called Celebrity 4WD where all the hosts from all the shows will be "abandoned" in the middle of the high country and will need to compete at various tasks to survive, like...
...like what do you do when you have one wheel on your 4wd without any wheel nuts holding the wheel on (because this always happens)?

A) McGyver a metal detector from a tablet, a bit of copper wire and a set of headphones

B) use the vehicleís wheel nut brace for something useful

C) panic

Yeah itís all about the sponsorship dollars. And just about all of them are kitted out with expensive and in-necessary toys that they use for about a day at most.

I too liked All 4 Adventure and still do to a point. The bending of the unimogís steering arm was a bit far fetched and seems to be headed in the direction of the Leyland brothers by dadís account.

I saw patriot camperís program called Patriot Games. Not bad but very little regard for the environment and they were in vehicles that are pretty much unobtainable to most of us (namely that 6x6 beast that has some sort of huge lift in it).

If your audience isnít into 4wdn to begin with, you just further polarise those for and those against 4wdn. ďProperĒ 4wdn isnít always fun, but thatís what you take to get to the good locations, tracks or remoteness (which is fast being lost to technology).

Cheers

Bennie
Old 05-12-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Freddo View Post
...like what do you do when you have one wheel on your 4wd without any wheel nuts holding the wheel on (because this always happens)?

A) McGyver a metal detector from a tablet, a bit of copper wire and a set of headphones

B) use the vehicleís wheel nut brace for something useful

C) panic

Yeah itís all about the sponsorship dollars. And just about all of them are kitted out with expensive and in-necessary toys that they use for about a day at most.

I too liked All 4 Adventure and still do to a point. The bending of the unimogís steering arm was a bit far fetched and seems to be headed in the direction of the Leyland brothers by dadís account.

I saw patriot camperís program called Patriot Games. Not bad but very little regard for the environment and they were in vehicles that are pretty much unobtainable to most of us (namely that 6x6 beast that has some sort of huge lift in it).

If your audience isnít into 4wdn to begin with, you just further polarise those for and those against 4wdn. ďProperĒ 4wdn isnít always fun, but thatís what you take to get to the good locations, tracks or remoteness (which is fast being lost to technology).

Cheers

Bennie

I also watched the patriot games morons show. What a bunch of tossers.
Old 06-12-18

I also find Patriot Games a massive turnoff. They show they have little regard for anyone or anything other than themselves.

With all of these shows there is a lot of product flogging and marketing. If you are new to 4wd you can end up thinking you need a lot more gear than you need to get out and enjoy the country.
Old 06-12-18
Valued Member

What I don't like about some of them is the bush bashing just for the sake of it. I love getting out on to the tracks and black or double black are fine but I prefer to have a destination in mind doing that. It could be an escarpment, a mountain hut or a nice camp ground, just something to aim for.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.