Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 08-10-18
Valued Member

So a mate of mine did a bit more digging and spoke to Hema, who were totally unaware of the issue but concerned enough to make their own enquiries with MM who they have a licence agreement with. They came back to him today and said that the issue will be resolved but couldn't elaborate on the reason it's offline at the moment. All they were able to tell us that they were happy with the response from MM and confident that the site will be back up at some point but no timeline was given.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 09-10-18
Valued Member

I also found the option in the program to download the entire map, and the same for the tablet too.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 09-10-18
Valued Member

It's funny you say that Ian, today I played around some more with memory map on my phone after getting an email from Memory Map support.
I have managed to get option to download maps now, and are able to view map that I had purchased.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 23-10-18
Valued Member

I received this email today......

Dear Customer,

You may have heard a rumor or read on the web that Memory-Map has "suspended services". Please rest assured this is not true.

The situation is, we have discontinued working with a certain re-seller, who is now putting out a false message on the Australian website. There are a few maps that we have discontinued selling, and some others that are no longer available for download. However, the Memory-Map online activation services and most maps of Australia are not affected by the change.

We have recently released new edition maps for NSW, QLD and TAS, as well as a new edition of the Hema 4WD Maps. We are working on replacements for other maps that may be affected. If you are having problems accessing your purchased maps or software, please contact us via our global support site https://memory-map.com/Support.html. You may be eligible for a free update.

The bottom line is Memory-map is fully committed to the Australia/NZ market and we are looking after our customers in the region.

Regards,
Richard Stephens
President, Memory-Map Inc.
Old 23-10-18

Thanks for the update mate, much appreciated

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 100AH dual battery & db140i isolator, Roof basket, 2.5m & 1.4m awnings, 22" LED bar & eBay HIDs, rear LED work lights, Waeco CF40, custom storage shelf, 50L aux tank.
Old 20-12-18

I'm trialling Memory map at the moment, I'm using the NSW 1:25K Topo maps. Does anyone else wish the Moving map had the option of Course Up rather than only the North Up option??
Old 20-12-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj View Post
I'm trialling Memory map at the moment, I'm using the NSW 1:25K Topo maps. Does anyone else wish the Moving map had the option of Course Up rather than only the North Up option??
I prefer North up but that is just how I prefer to visualise things to maintain my situational awareness.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 20-12-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
I prefer North up but that is just how I prefer to visualise things to maintain my situational awareness.
Fair enough Paj man... I so don't know which app to get, I'm using my old 2nd gen iPad strictly for moving maps but I'm undecided on what to use out in the tracks.... Anyone here with Hema Explorer, how do you find it??
Old 20-12-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
OziExplorer has something resembling "course up", but (last time I used it) it could only rotate the map in 90 degree increments (probably because it uses raster maps, not vector maps). So it wasn't true "course up", and if you were driving a course that drifted back & forward over the threshold direction, the map would jump backwards and forwards annoyingly. So I reverted to North up, and am quite happy to stick with that.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 20-12-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
OziExplorer has something resembling "course up", but (last time I used it) it could only rotate the map in 90 degree increments (probably because it uses raster maps, not vector maps). So it wasn't true "course up", and if you were driving a course that drifted back & forward over the threshold direction, the map would jump backwards and forwards annoyingly. So I reverted to North up, and am quite happy to stick with that.

Thx nj,

I think I would have preferred Oziexplorer over Memory map but it's not available for IOS