• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Liquimoly Engine Flush plus - includes video

Afternoon all,

After being happy with the results following my Liquimoly Diesel Engine intake decarb clean a few weeks back on the NT Pajero I figured it was time to drop the oil and get any rubbish it may have removed out.
    I know I should have done it sooner but I was too busy enjoying the Paj rather than working on it.
    With that said, I thought I give the engine flush plus a crack and see what its all about.

Reading and watching any content I could find on it, provided me with a mix of opinions and like most things everyone was convinced theirs was right.
    Whilst I did find comments recommending against it, I didn't see any real evidence that proved giving it a go would be as bad as suggested.

As with the Decarb, I figure if these products were killing engines , I think there would be info that could be found to support it.
    With no proof to be found, I jumped in with both feet to try it out.
    Again, I thought this might be a good move after the previous intake clean to make sure everything was as clean as it could be before throwing in some new oil.

Overall, I can't say that there was any obvious benefits to the flush but I will be keeping an eye on the oil to see how quickly is turns black.
    Not that this will be proof that it worked but it will at least be a visual sign that something went right.

I'd be interested if anyone else has tried it and what their results were if they had any more definitive outcomes than I did.

As always, here's the vid

• littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Great vid.. Was that one bottle enough? Says up to 6L.. 2 bottles would have been sufficient

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• denmonkey
      • Oct 2017
      • Newcastle NSW

I probably could have gone a second bottle to do the full 9L but figured this was enough for a test out.

I might make it an annual thing providing all goes well and do 2 bottle next time.

Comment

• NTBenny
        • May 2017
        • Newcastle

Thanks for the vid Brett. I've been using the below as it was recommended by a mate. It smells suspiciously like diesel. It was interesting to see you could not smell anything familiar in the Liquimoly flush.

Benny.
        2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
          Thanks for the vid Brett. I've been using the below as it was recommended by a mate. It smells suspiciously like diesel. It was interesting to see you could not smell anything familiar in the Liquimoly flush.

Benny.

Dunno Benny, I just couldn't identify a smell off of it. If anything it smelt a little waxy if I had to call it something but it was not strong at all.

Definitely not a diesel smell.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
            Valued Member
            • May 2017
            • Sydney

Liquimoly Engine Flush plus - includes video

Not sure if this is related as I haven’t watched that YouTube video but a few years back I went through a similar process debating whether to use Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner in an MX-5 with about 185,000km on it, though it was a grey import so who knows how accurate that was. I was rubbing my hands together in glee at the prospect of more power and therefore even more fun in the twisty backroads. I read heaps online about it, many MX-5 forum members posting glowing reviews and I even spoke to a mechanic mate and asked him what’s the worst that can happen. The only voice of reason was my father who questioned why I’d bother, citing the old “if it ain’t broke” adage. Sure enough the car never stopped blowing white smoke after that (it didn’t smoke at all prior to my “clean”) and unfortunately as a result I was forced a few months later to get the engine fully reconditioned. Reckon the carbon buildup was the only thing holding it all together. Lesson learnt.

Edit: watched the video now, great work. And looks like what I said was somewhat related despite being a totally different category of vehicle and fuel type. I’d still be careful myself based on my own experience as above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 30-07-18, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• denmonkey
              • Oct 2017
              • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by marty085 View Post
              Not sure if this is related as I haven’t watched that YouTube video but a few years back I went through a similar process debating whether to use Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner in an MX-5 with about 185,000km on it, though it was a grey import so who knows how accurate that was. I was rubbing my hands together in glee at the prospect of more power and therefore even more fun in the twisty backroads. I read heaps online about it, many MX-5 forum members posting glowing reviews and I even spoke to a mechanic mate and asked him what’s the worst that can happen. The only voice of reason was my father who questioned why I’d bother, citing the old “if it ain’t broke” adage. Sure enough the car never stopped blowing white smoke after that (it didn’t smoke at all prior to my “clean”) and unfortunately as a result I was forced a few months later to get the engine fully reconditioned. Reckon the carbon buildup was the only thing holding it all together. Lesson learnt.

Edit: watched the video now, great work. And looks like what I said was somewhat related despite being a totally different category of vehicle and fuel type. I’d still be careful myself based on my own experience as above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers Marty. Again, useful information from people who have actually tried it out for themselves.

I don't want to discount opinion but getting the info direct from the horses mouth is so much more valuable.

with regards to your old mans advice, I reckon there have been so many times I should have heeded that myself and ended up worse off than when I started.

I guess the good thing is, you usually learn something along the way.

If anything goes wrong I'll certainly share it. I've got nothing invested in this other than wanting to share my experience with the products or items I try. Plus I enjoy making the videos too

cheers Brett

Comment

• GHendo
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Northern NSW

I’ve used the Nulon one a few times and it might be my imagination, but the new oil does seem to stay clean for longer after I use it. Other than that I haven’t noticed anything – eg. more power etc. It does add to the cost of your oil change and whether or not it’s a worthwhile added expense, I don’t know.

There is a thread on here somewhere about me using the Liqui Moly Diesel Purge. Some of the blokes on the forum noticed the purge liquid was getting dirtier as it recirculated when they used it, but mine stayed pretty clean so maybe my system wasn’t too bad to start with.

Cheers

Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• denmonkey
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Newcastle NSW

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
                  I’ve used the Nulon one a few times and it might be my imagination, but the new oil does seem to stay clean for longer after I use it. Other than that I haven’t noticed anything – eg. more power etc. It does add to the cost of your oil change and whether or not it’s a worthwhile added expense, I don’t know.

There is a thread on here somewhere about me using the Liqui Moly Diesel Purge. Some of the blokes on the forum noticed the purge liquid was getting dirtier as it recirculated when they used it, but mine stayed pretty clean so maybe my system wasn’t too bad to start with.

Cheers

Geoff

I saw the same with my purge too Hendo. I was a little unsure when I started which hoses to take off etc so I didn't take any footage of it. It's simple enough but a bit awkward I found unless you follow what others did with making up some extensions.

I didn't notice it getting any dirtier as it went nor overly hot like others experienced.

Again this was part of what gave me confidence that the services had been kept on on the Paj and that was enough for me to try this out.

I was a little concerned though as I read a youtube posts about how it could kill a high milage car but most it was just hear say.

So it was good to hear from Marty above about his results.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X