any pics ?
    2011 Ls Manual , Cooper ST 265/70/17 , Tough Dog Suspension, Safari Snorkel
    2018 Pajero Sport GLS 5 Pirelli scorpion ATR plus 265/65 18

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

I had a real good read of a "study" somebody did on the idrive where they figured out exactly how they work. Considered one for my commute vehicle.. (don’t laugh) a 2017 Kia Rio which is real sluggish often particularly when turning into another road especially if there’s a bit of uphill involved, and trying to get it to kick down into 2nd. (I drive in manual mode a lot for this reason). After reading the review i decided I can save a lot of money on the idrive and achieve the exact same effect by simply pushing my foot in harder when it’s most sluggish and funnily enough after a couple of weeks of doing this I have the exact same fuel consumption. Amazing change. Pulls harder, increased feel, same fuel consumption.

Comment

• craigw
        • Feb 2011
        • sydney

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
        I had a real good read of a "study" somebody did on the idrive where they figured out exactly how they work. Considered one for my commute vehicle.. (don’t laugh) a 2017 Kia Rio which is real sluggish often particularly when turning into another road especially if there’s a bit of uphill involved, and trying to get it to kick down into 2nd. (I drive in manual mode a lot for this reason). After reading the review i decided I can save a lot of money on the idrive and achieve the exact same effect by simply pushing my foot in harder when it’s most sluggish and funnily enough after a couple of weeks of doing this I have the exact same fuel

consumption. Amazing change. Pulls harder, increased feel, same fuel consumption.
        Thanks for your thoughts .
        I know how it works .my other cars are a porsche 996 turbo and a bmw 1m .I am not after a chip upgrade just a throttle input adjustment for city driving and off road driving .
        From what i understand idrive is what I need .Just interested where others have mounted it
        Cheers

Comment

• Flying
          • Jul 2016
          • Sydney

Mine is next to the ignition button, between it and the steering column, seems to be a nice out of the way spot and easy to wire up there
          White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• hussrum
            • Aug 2013
            • brisbane

idrive

ns pajero 3.2- luv my idrive. made a different 4x4 & its not the same as putting your foot down harder people who say that havn't tryed one.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by craigw View Post
              .my other cars are a porsche 996 turbo and a bmw 1m

You have told us that before.

Comment

• Nab
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Perth

Originally posted by hussrum View Post
                ns pajero 3.2- luv my idrive. made a different 4x4 & its not the same as putting your foot down harder people who say that havn't tryed one.
                I agree. It’s more like removing the rubber band from your accelator pedal and having a direct connection to the throttle.
                SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• craigw
                  • Feb 2011
                  • sydney

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                  You have told us that before.
                  Was making the point i dont want the pajero sport to be a sports car just want the accelerator pedal travel to be more responsive .

Comment

• Jas2909
                    • Feb 2016
                    • Penrith NSW

Originally posted by marlin1856 View Post
                    Just wondering if it is worth getting an idrive for my PS, a friend has one in his Ranger and swears by it....any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated before shelling out my hard earned.
                    Love my idrive! Jump over to the Facebook group in my dig and grab the discount code for idrive!

Comment

• Flying
                      • Jul 2016
                      • Sydney

There's a pic of the location, can't see it from the drivers position but don't really need to... just lean forward to adjust, which is rare
                      Attached Files
                      White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• craigw
                        • Feb 2011
                        • sydney

Thanks for the pic .
                        Just recieved my i drive .checked the footwell .lot of plastic down there .did you remove anything to connect the idrive
                        Looks a bit cramped

Comment

• marlin1856
                          • Apr 2013
                          • Melbourne

I just layed down on my side (sorta) in the foot well and swapped out the plugs pretty easy, the first time is difficult due to the tightness of the factory fit but it does loosen up the more it is swapped out for services ect. As for the control unit I simply layed it just on top of the steering column for a week until I was happy with the setting then stuck it in a ziplock bag for protection and tucked it up under the steering column out of the way, no need to constantly adjust IMO.
                          2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• woffleon
                            • Jul 2016
                            • NSW

I fitted one but found the auto setting too aggressive. U1 or 2 for round town and default for off road. Economy 9 for anyone else who's driving.....

An excellent thing for adjusting response to varying conditions
                            Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• craigw
                              • Feb 2011
                              • sydney

Originally posted by woffleon View Post
                              I fitted one but found the auto setting too aggressive. U1 or 2 for round town and default for off road. Economy 9 for anyone else who's driving.....

An excellent thing for adjusting response to varying conditions
                              Totally agree .U3 is my setting .still not sure if E is 1-9 less for lower or more for lower response ?

Comment

• Paj11
                                • Jun 2017
                                • Sydney

Anyone know who supplies and fits in the Narellan/Camden or surrounding suburbs area, I have just moved and doing a lot of small jobs around the house and don’t have the patience, plus I can see plastics have to be removed to access the top of the foot petal so rather leave it up to the experts.
                                2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X