• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dwayno
    • Feb 2017
    • Queensland

MY17 Door Lock/Unlock reprogrammed

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the site having recently bought a MY17 Pajero Sport Exceed, currently have 5K on the odometer and absolutely love driving it. Thought I'd let you all know about the door lock settings that I'd recently had reprogrammed at my local dealership.

The MY17 by default is configured differently to the MY16 with the new master door lock/unlock button that was added. The vehicle auto locks when driving, but (frustratingly) none of the doors will unlock when stopped and the drivers door is opened. This will quickly drive you crazy, because every passenger has to manually unlock their door to get out, and as driver you can't even get out of the vehicle and open the rear door or tailgate unless you first press the master unlock button.

So I asked my local dealer whether it can be reprogrammed....fortunately it can. While you can't reprogram it to unlock all doors once the driver opens their door, you can reprogram so that all doors unlock once the vehicle is put into Park. I've had mine reprogrammed to this and its great.

If you are thinking about buying a MY17 model (and I recommend you do), then make sure you get it programmed to unlock all doors in Park before you pick it up and save the frustration.
    Dwayno
    • May 2016
    • Adelaide

Same as the MY16, had mine reset in June last year to open while in park....... annoyingly this still isn't perfect. Most cars with these features will automatically unlock the door as soon as you grab the handle to open it if it is locked, that's a common sense feature that was for some reason missed. Pretty sure my MY09 VRX Outlander auto locked but when you grab the handle to open your door it kinda figured you would only grab the handle and pull on it if you wanted to get out of the car.

The most annoying feature of the car is the 20 beeps you have to hear if you get out of the car with the keys in your pocket........ 2 bloody beeps at half the volume would be plenty.

FYI, you can also have the external beeper turned down to low from the standard medium setting which is more bearable, but still really annoying.

You can also silence alot of the annoying beeping reminders for seatbelt headlights, ignition reminders etc with 10 minutes of your time and a small blob of BluTak if you're interested

Comment

• Jas2909
      • Feb 2016
      • Penrith NSW

yep, many have done this. make sure the dealer doesnt charge u

Comment

• boggedaz
        • Sep 2018
        • Perth

Originally posted by Jizza View Post
        You can also silence alot of the annoying beeping reminders for seatbelt headlights, ignition reminders etc with 10 minutes of your time and a small blob of BluTak if you're interested
        How can I do that?
        2017 Pajero Sport GLS
        MM Alloy Protection Bar, MM Towbar, Kings 7" LED Spotlights, GME 5W Concealed Radio with windscreen aerial, Rhino Rack Crossbars

Comment

• woffleon
          • Jul 2016
          • NSW

Can you do any of this with a OBDIi bluetooth engine reader.? It's just a cheapie off the net.
          Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• woffleon
            • Jul 2016
            • NSW

If its a setting then why can't the owner do it? Is this the same problems the farmers are having with john deere ATM?. With the "right to service" issue.

Booking your car in 2weeks ahead for a setting that takes 2 minuets seems weird.
            Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
              • Mar 2018
              • Western Australia

This is a problem for all car owners. The manufacturers and dealers want to keep all the service information to themselves for financial gain.
              This puts independent mechanics and mechanically competent owners at a disadvantage, as they cannot access service information.
              In Europe and North America there are laws that force manufacturers to make servicing information available at reasonable cost. Some manufacturers put it all online for free, others charge around $30 for a years subscription to their website.
              You can try and access overseas sites, but in some cases they are geoblocked, so you may have to go through a virtual network so you appear to be in Europe or North America. Others don't care.

When I owned a Kia, I accessed the Kia Europe web site free of charge with no problem. Full factory service manuals, all recall and campaign information and their fixes.
              Interestingly, I could type in my car's VIN and get the full service history that the local dealer had recorded on the Kia database.

Comment

• woffleon
                • Jul 2016
                • NSW

Good points johnfromperth .

Ten outa ten for KIA. "Right to Service" needs to be a sales point at purchase like warranty was in the past. I will mention this to my dealer as they do seem to be reactive to owners requests as in the nag screen issue.

Personalising your vehicle to your preferences is the same as your smart phone ..,.and you don't need to take it back to Telstra to have the the screensaver changed.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2017
                  • Sydney

I'm assuming you could also get it set it to not lock automatically at all.. this solves the problem. And if you feel the need to lock the door e.g. in an "unsafe" area or at night then just press the button. My MY16 doesn't lock automatically so I presume it's coz it's a base-base model (GLX5) or because the previous owner (NSW Police) got the setting switched off for WHS / operational safety reasons (more likely).

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X