Clear All
  • CoreyJ
    • Nov 2016
    • Adelaide

Are Bell Housings Standard??

Hi,
    The DMF on my 2004 NP 3.2 decided
    to let go after 200k.I mean REALLy let go
    and put a fist sized hole in the bell housing.
    Was wondering if anyone knows if the bell housing
    is standard across petrol and diesel models?? as I,ve
    been able to track down one out of a petrol bus.
    added a pic for general amusement.
    Attached Files
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

I dont know for sure, but I seriously doubt that they would be the same.

from a manufacturing standpoint, I believe it would be much easier to make the bolt pattern of the bell housing match the engine rather than the bolt pattern of the engine match the bell housing.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Most probably NO. The starter motor on the petrol engine is on the Right side, the diesel has it on the left.

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

nope sorry - everything I have read is saying v6's are all the same and I know early diesels (real early) are the same as 2.6 petrols, later (up to gen 3) ones as far as I know are still different but I can not say if they are interchangeable between diesel models. But pretty sure V6 are not interchangeable with diesel
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• CoreyJ
          • Nov 2016
          • Adelaide

Thanx everyone for the input.
          A diesel one turned up today
          in country SA.

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

What actual part of the DMF did that. My DMF completely sheared, in that the two faces were no longer glued together, but thankfully didn’t result in anything like that. I suppose there is bugger all space between the DMF and the bell housing, so if a bit of crap got stuck there it could fracture the aluminium casing quite easily.

Cheers

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X