Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 04-11-16
Valued Member

Default Jeep have done it again.

Why anyone would by a Jeep is way out of my realms of thought.

Do they research, talk to people or just blindly follow the advertising?

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ss...all+sun+herald

New link added.

Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 04-11-16 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-11-16
Valued Member

Comes up as a premium article requiring a subscription.
2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.
Old 04-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ent View Post
Comes up as a premium article requiring a subscription.
Try this through Google. Second link down.

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ss...all+sun+herald
Old 04-11-16
Resident

When I searched for Jeep on Google News, it let me read it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald Sun
JEEP owners have been advised to continue driving potentially dangerous and uninsured vehicles despite a major recall, one owner claims.

More than 7000 vehicles were included in a Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Australia recall notice issued in September. But parts necessary to fix a defect that can cause vehicles to abruptly change gear to neutral are unavailable.

Rohan Mayer, who bought a Jeep Cherokee Sport last year, said he returned it to his local dealership the morning after receiving the recall letter.

“They didn’t take it very seriously. Everyone denied any knowledge of the recalls, which was infuriating,” he said.

His insurer told him the vehicle would no longer be covered because it had been deemed unsafe.

He claimed FCA told him “customers are expected to keep driving and call the dealership if the issue occurs”.

“I will not put my wife and daughter at risk like this and I think it is completely unreasonable for FCA to think their customers would carry on business as usual, potentially without insurance,” he said.

Mr Mayer said he found the replacement car that the dealership initially lent him was also subject to the recall notice.

He said he has been given no timeline of when the necessary parts would arrive.

“It’s ridiculous. I don’t feel safe driving that car. All I can do now is wait,” he said.

An FCA spokesman said concerned customers should speak to their local dealership.

“FCA has been in contact with every customer affected by this recall and that communication will continue until the matter is resolved.”

Brighton Jeep referred questions to Jeep HQ.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 04-11-16
Valued Member

Link to the Government product recall http://www.productsafety.gov.au/reca...source=recalls
Old 04-11-16
Resident

So why would an insurance company refuse to insure the vehicle? It sounds to me like operator error - didn't put it in Park and didn't apply the handbrake. That's two things done wrong. Do manufacturer's really need to account for such stupidity?

Personally, I'd be happy to continue to drive the vehicle until it's fixed.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 04-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
So why would an insurance company refuse to insure the vehicle? It sounds to me like operator error - didn't put it in Park and didn't apply the handbrake. That's two things done wrong. Do manufacturer's really need to account for such stupidity?

sounds suspiciously like insurance companies gearing up for a way to make a little more cash out of people - interestingly if they claim its no longer covered are they ceasing direct debits from clients bank accounts for the premiums?

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 04-11-16
Valued Member

So lets get it clear. The loom has a short and puts the transmission into neutral. not a sudden loss of control or braking, just put it back in drive, at worst turn the key too accessory and back on. The insurance, YOUI in this case, looking to get out of a possible claim, we all know how insurance companies like to pay out. And this makes a headline, why because it's a Jeep?

And not one Jeep in Australia has been reported as having this issue.

What about the Challenger autos going into limp mode at will? Sudden loss of power, Does this make headlines? Or even get MMA to have a recall to fix the problem??? Or even acknowledge that there is a problem.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
Old 04-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasarangie View Post
So lets get it clear. The loom has a short and puts the transmission into neutral. not a sudden loss of control or braking, just put it back in drive, at worst turn the key too accessory and back on. The insurance, YOUI in this case, looking to get out of a possible claim, we all know how insurance companies like to pay out. And this makes a headline, why because it's a Jeep?

And not one Jeep in Australia has been reported as having this issue.

What about the Challenger autos going into limp mode at will? Sudden loss of power, Does this make headlines? Or even get MMA to have a recall to fix the problem??? Or even acknowledge that there is a problem.

we have a comment because it is indeed a jeep..... love to have something to rag on, and yes the Challenger thing probably should be looked at - and on saying that if it did end up in a vehicle recall which resulted in an insurance company stating that the vehicle's involved would no longer be covered until the issue was rectified I would be making the same comments. That insurance companies are there not to look after their customer's but their shareholders. The byproduct of which is tha bulk of their customers are looked after, not always in the most appropriate way though

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 05-11-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post

Yes. They need to design for foreseeable driver errors. Jeep have changed the design of the shift lever to one that causes ambiguity for the driver, so they should fix it.
I'd be happy to drive the car until fixed, as the scenario that would cause the car to roll away is rare, and being aware of it would be adequate.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available