• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Shotgun creek cape york

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Why oh why, would you even bother?
    Looks like a good way to starve your engine of oil and let it rattle itself to death!
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• wasarangie
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2010
      • Ocean Grove

Looked at that drop when we were there. Even the chicken track had all the gear in the back trying to escape out the front. Would have been better to see how they got it out. I have an idea as I stated last time this came up.
      SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Saw a Nissan there many years ago, and his entire roof rack kept going when he hit the bottom! As said above, why would you even bother doing that to your 4WD?
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Georgie
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2013
          • Secret Harbour WA

I was looking at this on You tube the other day and also saw a Nissan tow a camper through the Nissan went on its side into the embankment he did get through but with some ugly panel damage and his mates were applauding him what a dick head why would you bother there must be another way around surely
          Cheers
          Georgie
          2015 Sahara
          Black Mica in colour
          BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Georgie View Post
            I was looking at this on You tube the other day and also saw a Nissan tow a camper through the Nissan went on its side into the embankment he did get through but with some ugly panel damage and his mates were applauding him what a dick head why would you bother there must be another way around surely
            Cheers
            Georgie
            Yep, the track continues on and over the creek, only the foolhardy take the entry shown on most YouTube vids to impress their mates and get friendly with the panel beaters and mechanics.
            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• mrbitchi
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Brisbane

Ahh.. it's "Gunshot".. Had me wondering what you were on about for a mo..
              Cheers, John.
              LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
              Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
                Ahh.. it's "Gunshot".. Had me wondering what you were on about for a mo..
                yeah it was the title they gave it in the clip

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2000
                  • Tasmania

Originally posted by wasarangie View Post
                  Looked at that drop when we were there. Even the chicken track had all the gear in the back trying to escape out the front. Would have been better to see how they got it out. I have an idea as I stated last time this came up.
                  The only way out would be to be pulled out from the back, but what a huge strain on everything including the rescuers, would need a big excavator or tractor IMO or maybe a towtruck winch? Would be a lot of undercarriage damage to, IMO
                  NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                  NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X