Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > BushSkinz 4x4

BushSkinz 4x4 For all your underneath protection.

Old 16-06-14

Default Help choosing a lift kit

Hi,

I would like to purchase a lift kit for my 2014 PC Challenger. So far I am interested in this item the most but would like some advice if you think this is the best for my application: http://bushskinz4x4.com.au/index.php...product_id=322

I will always have the following items on my car:
- Steel front bull bar
- 60L fridge in rear (usually full)
- 100ah battery in rear.
- Rear tow bar (Factory)
- Full undercarriage protection (bushskinz)
- NO winch
- NO drawer system.

When I go off road I usually have the following:
- 4 people
- 2 kayaks
- Lots of gear
- NO trailer/camper

My usage mixes between sand, gravel and easy grade rock climbs. I find that with the standard suspension it bottoms out in the middle of the undercarriage. I also have problems with my rear tow bar bottoming out.

Ideally I would like a kit that raises my car as much as possible so that it does not bottom out with a full load. I can live with a harsher ride if need be, but a little comfort would be nice. My initial thoughts were 50mm, but I am not sure if my lack of rear weight is enough to justify the 50mm lift. I donít mind the rear being a little higher as it will help clear the tow bar.

Thanks in advance.