Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 09-01-11
Valued Member

Default Slight noise when in 4H

With all the rain lately I've been driving the Paj in 4H more.

Noticed a very slight extra bit of noise - almost like a 'hollow' sound - when 4H is engaged. Not imaginig it - I can make it go away by flicking between 2H and 4H.

Anyone else noticed such a noise? Doesn't affect driveability, doesn't sound bad ... just "different". I guess its to be expected there'd be a little bit of extra mech noise given more stuff being driven but just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed ...
2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
Old 10-01-11
Valued Member

Default slight noise in 4H

When was it, that you changed the oils in the Diff or transfer box and have you checked thier levels reciently ?????????????
Old 10-01-11
Valued Member

You can usually just hear the transfer chain "singing" - particularly up around 100kph or so.
Old 10-01-11

you will read a lot about a lillte bit more noise, and a little bit of vibration when in 4H if you search older posts. It has been reported a lot and people who have moved from an older model say it is worse in the NT.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel
Old 10-01-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion 42 View Post
When was it, that you changed the oils in the Diff or transfer box and have you checked thier levels reciently ?????????????
Its brand new with about 5000kms on the odo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psproule View Post
You can usually just hear the transfer chain "singing" - particularly up around 100kph or so.
I don't hear anything at high speed, this is purely down low (in fact most noticable as you coast to a stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulisok View Post
you will read a lot about a lillte bit more noise, and a little bit of vibration when in 4H if you search older posts. It has been reported a lot and people who have moved from an older model say it is worse in the NT.
Okay, so it may be normal. Its certainly not bad, my wife can't hear it, but I just notice a difference.
2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
Old 10-01-11
Valued Member

Hi Dion, yes I can hear and feel it. I think it is natural as the front wheel drive train is engaged (as psproule and paulisok post) . Very slight and not obtrusive. It doesn't worry me as I assume there are more bits engaging and moving.

I use 4H in wet, I can feel the 'pull' in the direction you steer around wet bends and it is very reassuring.

My wife doesn't hear it either.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
With all the rain lately I've been driving the Paj in 4H more.

Noticed a very slight extra bit of noise - almost like a 'hollow' sound - when 4H is engaged. Not imaginig it - I can make it go away by flicking between 2H and 4H.

Anyone else noticed such a noise? Doesn't affect driveability, doesn't sound bad ... just "different". I guess its to be expected there'd be a little bit of extra mech noise given more stuff being driven but just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed ...

I have same thing. 2017 NX GLX, see my post https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...032#post608032