Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 17-01-19
Valued Member

Default New RYCO Catch can kit?

Was just on RYCO website to check a part number for my father and saw them talking about their new catch can range... donít think Iíve seen it mentioned anywhere else before?

https://www.rycofilters.com.au/Page/...se_Ventilation

Old 17-01-19

Looks like a suitable alternative to the Provent unit. I wonder what they are worth?

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, Fullriver DC105 & Odyssey 35PC1400 batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced transcooler, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & DBA XP pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB.

Last edited by NTBenny; 12-02-19 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-02-19
Valued Member

$180
https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/...AaAv_xEALw_wcB

KIT $233
https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/ryco-rcc350k
MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Last edited by Phil; 12-02-19 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Prices added
Old 17-05-19

has anyone got one of these new units????
any reviews
Old 17-05-19

dunno but competition ? regards john
Old 28-11-19

I have just bought one of these catch cans the basic unit RCC350 comes with a mounting bracket, from ebay $161.
Easy fitting by mounted on the fire wall using the lower wiper motor bolt hole and earth strap bolt (with 40mm spacer). I used a spacer and a longer bolt to suit the wiper motor as I used a 32 mm spacer tube to keep the unit away from the cables and pipework.
Have a NW 2104 with TJM snorkel so difficult to mount bracket behind air filter as others have done with the Provent. The ryco unit is supposed to filter better than the Provent?? Supposedly the filter cartridge is interchangeable with the Provent 200
Have mounting photos if any one is interested.
Old 28-11-19
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedtinkerer View Post
I already have a catch can, so not in the market, but definitely interested in the factory brackets, and your customisation.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 28-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
I have just bought one of these catch cans the basic unit RCC350 comes with a mounting bracket, from ebay $161.
Easy fitting by mounted on the fire wall using the lower wiper motor bolt hole and earth strap bolt (with 40mm spacer). I used a spacer and a longer bolt to suit the wiper motor as I used a 32 mm spacer tube to keep the unit away from the cables and pipework.
Have a NW 2104 with TJM snorkel so difficult to mount bracket behind air filter as others have done with the Provent. The ryco unit is supposed to filter better than the Provent?? Supposedly the filter cartridge is interchangeable with the Provent 200
Be interesting to know what the elements are worth?
Ongoing service costs may just come down, especially if they've been clever enough to make interchangeable.
I suspect their has been some good coin being made out of element in the case of Provent.

Edit: Wrong quick google & I suspect Ryco also going to do quite well out of the elements .........

Last edited by Jasonmc73; 28-11-19 at 09:35 PM.
Old 29-11-19
Valued Member

Have just recieved A promotional Email.
Ryco catch can kits Auto One have these 30% off RRP at the moment if of any interest too anyone.
But it does say store stocks only.
Old 10-12-19

Quote:
Hi Shed,

Could you post the photos of your install for all to see? I'm thinking of getting one too and also have a TJM Snorkel, would be interested to see what you have done.

Thanks!
MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate