Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 13-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky1e View Post
Why is that? I'm keen to hear more about it lol
mainly because ive lost the details. this was years ago now that i bought it
Old 15-02-19

After much deliberation about removing the DPF I decided to buy the OBDII computer and force regen myself.

I bought iCarsoft HNM II Japanese Vehicles OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner (iCarsoft HNM II).

They could not guarantee that it worked but I took the risk.

This is the third time I had the issue with the other two being on a trip with the caravan on the back.

Both the others cost me $400 and took hours to fix (I understand they did the oil change as well which I now have to do)

It took me 25 mins and sorted after first go.

Here is the link to the company that sells them - cost me $226.85 plus $6 for express postage

https://www.elite-electronics.com.au/

I would like to say thanks to every one for their help on this and the forum has been exceptional.

A special thanks to Stoneman as his posts and responses have made me look even harder and in my opinion come up with the right answer for me - even if it wasn't what he would do :-)

Happy to share more information privately if people want it - I live in SW Sydney
Old 15-02-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunkster View Post
After much deliberation about removing the DPF I decided to buy the OBDII computer and force regen myself.

I bought iCarsoft HNM II Japanese Vehicles OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner (iCarsoft HNM II).

This is the third time I had the issue with the other two being on a trip with the caravan on the back.

Both the others cost me $400 and took hours to fix (I understand they did the oil change as well which I now have to do)

Here is the link to the company that sells them - cost me $226.85 plus $6 for express postage

I would like to say thanks to every one for their help on this and the forum has been exceptional.

A special thanks to Stoneman as his posts and responses have made me look even harder and in my opinion come up with the right answer for me - even if it wasn't what he would do :-)

Happy to share more information privately if people want it - I live in SW Sydney
Very interesting and thanks for sharing your success.

Sounds much more useable than the MUT device which also needs a laptop running XP.

Am I correct in my understanding that this iCarsoft unit manages a forced regen without the need for any other device?
Old 15-02-19

D'oh.

Makes my OBDLink MX reader seem less useful.
Old 15-02-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamt63 View Post
Very interesting and thanks for sharing your success.

Sounds much more useable than the MUT device which also needs a laptop running XP.

Am I correct in my understanding that this iCarsoft unit manages a forced regen without the need for any other device?
Yep - In hindsight I am guessing the reason it took them half a day was it didn't seem so rich to gouge me $400.

25mins and it was all done
Old 16-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunkster View Post

It’s a pleasure mate, I try my best to give no BS help but I’ve slowly died off on the forum
Really glad it worked out and hope it can encourage others and save them some bucks or grief at least

I personally think the PDF system was very misunderstood, strange though as I learnt everything to manipulate it via the workshop manual and I’m a stonemason
Old 16-02-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscaroo View Post
My software module is .. for people that can do c# on windows 10. It's not really a product or a module or a finished app at all. It's more of a .. experimental workbench that needs twiddling with code if you want something different done.

My main concern currently is not the dpf. It's exploring what commands go about the bus so that hopefully I can implement an auto door unlock and auto door lock once certain speed is reached. Nothing too useful but a baby step really.

I got my good obd reader today and so I will eventually get around to poking about.
Heaps of you tube videos and most is already available on what you may need
Ie, speed pidís are industry specific and easy to find
It would work well for this application rather than trying to control a gearbox etc by pid as itís just not how itís designed

You could log the can bus and press your lock button and if youíre good with excel you can throw all the info in that and find the one code when you pressed the button, Iím making it sound simple I know, itís a little more involved than that

If youíre in Melbourne I would be interested in picking your brains
You can modify a cheap dongle to send pidís but will have to program a micro chip
Old 16-02-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
Heaps of you tube videos and most is already available on what you may need
Ie, speed pidís are industry specific and easy to find
It would work well for this application rather than trying to control a gearbox etc by pid as itís just not how itís designed

You could log the can bus and press your lock button and if youíre good with excel you can throw all the info in that and find the one code when you pressed the button, Iím making it sound simple I know, itís a little more involved than that

If youíre in Melbourne I would be interested in picking your brains
You can modify a cheap dongle to send pidís but will have to program a micro chip
Yep, the PID's for the standard OBD stuff I know from Wikipedia. I can do that. Logging the bus and pressing buttons is what i'm doing.

I'm in Sydney.
Old 30-04-19

Hi,

Iíve just bought the icarsoft CR pro trying to complete a DPF ReGen. Iíve met all the criteria it states ie 1/4 tank fuel, park brake on, in park, 80c coolant temp but when I try to complete it it says communications failure application failed.
Any ideas?

Thanks Ash
Old 04-05-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash4224 View Post
Hi,

Iíve just bought the icarsoft CR pro trying to complete a DPF ReGen. Iíve met all the criteria it states ie 1/4 tank fuel, park brake on, in park, 80c coolant temp but when I try to complete it it says communications failure application failed.
Any ideas?

Thanks Ash
Your transmission also needs to be at 65 degrees