• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talisker
    • Mar 2019
    • Victoria

Petrol GLS Interior and Upholstery issues

Hi I am looking at a used NT or NS Pajero GLS (200802010) dealer used and I have had a few people comment that 1/ the interior(dash especially) vibrates all over the place on corrugations and 2/ That the interior both seat fabric and plastic trim isnt up to scratch i.e cloth is easily marked and wears quickly and trim parts are very fragile like door handles grab handles etc fall off or break.

Seems odd to me being a Japanese made vehicle can anyone comment. I am looking at buying an NT or NS petrol guzzler ( I know I know but its a very reliable engine) and the comments about interior quality worry me.
    Many thanks for all and any input
  • gaz1
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Blue Mountains NSW

To be honest, I'd have to say that the quality of dash, console and door trim in my NT VRX is not great, although the seat trim seems to be of better quality. Mainly because much of the plastics used are hard and so tend to rattle and squeak more than some of the car interiors with better quality plastic. I haven't experienced any actual breakages though. The dash shake is a known problem but there are some DIY fixes available on the forum, most of the advice originated from the South African forum where I guess the roads could be as bad or worse than ours. I'm sure other forum members who have done the dash mods will be able to advise - I haven't done them because I don't do much serious offroading, as I use the Pajero mainly for towing a van.
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• gemster
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Gold Coast

There are fixes out there for the dash rattle.... Use the search on here or google your Question and it will lead you to the thread to fix the dash issue....

Gemster.....
      YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
      And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
      ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Axis
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2011
        • Highett Vic

We have not had any issues with the cloth seats in our GLX NS. Fronts have had covers on since we got it, rear has no cover and with dogs, kids, camping etc it has held up really well for what it is used for. Yes some marks but that is with a lot of abuse.

Plastics do scratch a bit easily but its not too bad. We are not at all careful with our car! The dash moves a lot on corrugations. I have done the cable tie fix which has improved it a lot. I didn't bother with the bracket. We do have a few rattles and squeaks that I have given up on trying to find and fix.
        07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

I have a lot of faith in Mitsubishi's seat fabrics. My parents just sold their 1991 Starwagon and the seats (which were used regularly, up to all 8 of them, for family holidays, day trips etc. for many many years plus transporting things) looked like they were new. Never had covers. Their 1982 L300 Express (bought new) was my first car and the original seat fabrics (no seat covers) were also in excellent condition. Though I've put seat covers on my NX, it's not that I'm worried about them wearing out... more about stopping them getting dirty from food etc.

Comment

• Talisker
            • Mar 2019
            • Victoria

Thanks that confirms my view the negative comments about trim are not really valid the dash rattles ok thats not so bad and as has been said there are some remedies. really appreciate all the thoughts.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X