• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NinjaNanna
    • Dec 2016
    • ACT

Fuel - E10

So my owners manual specifically says the motor in these things is suitable for ethanol mixes of up to 10% as well as running on LPG.

Dual fuel PAs are common enough on Gumtree - but have any of you run on the ethanol mixes available at the bowser these days?

If you have run ethanol blends - what were you observations re power and economy?

Cheers
    Shane
  • 900canoes
    Valued Member
    • May 2008
    • FNQ

Tried e10 a few years ago, the economy was 10% less and felt a slight reduction in performance. Try it yourself and see how it compares.
    I use only premium now.
    2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• Vix2010
      • Jan 2015
      • Wamboin NSW

I'm weary of E10 aswell, my wife has a 2012 Kia Carnival and I told her that it says in the car menuel not to use E10. So she always puts normal unleaded in.

But maybe I should be putting E10 in the kia,
      NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
      (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• Trisome
        • Dec 2012
        • Bray Park

I had 2 different commodores towed to the workshop after running them on e10, both required fuel pump replacement. I now run premium ulp in my wife sp23, it runs better, and the difference in the price is made up in better performance and economy.

You can go to a Gov site to see if your car is compatible, you won't catch me using it again, the bills for the repairs are only a small part. Imagine if you got stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Trisome
        Last edited by Trisome; 14-12-16, 10:20 AM.
        2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

• MikedOut
          • Dec 2014
          • Gosford NSW

I've got a 2001 PA and tried E10....don't waste your money, you lose power and the economy is lower (and PA's are pretty hopeless in the economy stakes anyway!). I stick with 95 now.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X