• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailor58
    • Mar 2016
    • Wollongong

2001 Challenger Towing 2 Ton?

G'day Members.... Can I ask if anyone can share their towing experiences towing around 2000 Kg? I'm trying to decide whether our Challenger (3Lt Auto Petrol ) can comfortably tow our new AVan Aspire loaded?( Hills / Auto Tran Temps / Economy ) It's done 200,000 km and drives well towing a 1600 kg van so just being cautious.

Been on this forum for a few weeks and just wanted to say thanks to all the great info and advice from other posts. A lot of knowledge out there.
    Last edited by sailor58; 08-04-16, 09:11 AM.
  • 900canoes
    Valued Member
    • May 2008
    • FNQ

Ive seen a PA towing something bigger than I would tow with the PB, I guess it depends on what sort of roads and tracks you want to travel on.
    (PS. I wont tow anywhere near the weight that a PB is approved for either)
    2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• MITSY
      • Jan 2013
      • MAITLAND, N.S.W.

Towing with Challenger

Hi sailor58, I towed a 19'6" van GVW 1985kg with an auto 2001 LS and, altho slow on the hills, ran in top on the level, and was never pushed. On the mountains she got back to 1st for a short time but did not stress. If you treat them kind, they will treat you likewise. Cheers Mitsy

Comment

• sailor58
        • Mar 2016
        • Wollongong

Sounds about right

Thanks Guys... about to head off on a maiden run for a few days and Sus it all out.

Thanks for the input,

Cheers,

David

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X