• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Stoked

Headed down 80Km's West of Esperance for a week. Back tonight, so it will take me a week or two to get a report up. Till then, enjoy the teaser pics:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • sharkcaver
    • May 2009
    • Perth

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Till then, enjoy the pics

My Journeys

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

You teaser!
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• razorback481
            • Nov 2014
            • Lewiston SA

we are heading to Perth Xmas day for 2 weeks
            looks like a nice place to check out !!

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Showing off as usual....lol

Some nice country there and some excellent photography...enjoy.

Living the dream eh? good on ya.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

So some light reading for you all over the festive period:

December 5th - 11th Another 7 days off and I was thinking of returning to Alexander Bay as I did almost 12 months ago. But a couple of wee...

Wonder how Poita is getting on and if he saw any ot the country I describe above?

My Journeys

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Great read Thank you.
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Rovingman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Blue mountains

Great read Shane. Looks like a great area! In the arvo sessions were you drinking coke only? No other bottles anywhere?
                    Pajero NT RX 2011
                    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• stevemc181
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Thornlie/Perth

Great trip report Shane, forget my PM, I didn't realise you had the blog post up.
                      Some awesome looking spots down there. Ill be heading a bit further east and am planning on doing the Cocklebiddy-Bilbunya dunes section. Departing Boxing Day and looking forward to an explore down that way and a break from work.

You should easily surpass your 51 nights under canvas next year. We will have around 22+ nights just doing the CSR trip I think.
                      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
                        Great read Shane. Looks like a great area! In the arvo sessions were you drinking coke only? No other bottles anywhere?
                        The bottle belonged to the camp hosts. I had a can, part emptied, and refilled with hic juice

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by efeinblatt comment to blog
                          Hey Shane, I've been waiting for this post, saw it the other day and commented, but for some reason the comment didn't go through. Will try again. First off, thanks so much - it's such a treat to read the stories of your travels throughout WA, especially for someone who didn't grow up anywhere near here. (I'm a Yank.) I missed some of your outback cooking exploits in this one - perhaps you shine with an open fire and a camp over, which sadly is not possible this time of the year, and which I prefer. Finally bought myself a Primus stove that has a regulator built in to supplement my butane stoves. Looks like it'll let me control the flame much more accurately than the Coleman modes. To be tested. I'll probably leave tomorrow or Tuesday and, instead of heading straight down to Esperance, I'll pass through Pemberton, Albany, and Fitzgerald. Stokes looks great, and I'll certainly check out Fanny Cove, the Moir Homestead, Skippy Rock, Starvation Bay, little Wharton, and Frenchman's Peak as well. So much to see, and I'll be passing through pretty spectacular country before I even get there! I'm not returning to Perth until mid January, so I do have a good chunk of time! Will try to post pics as I travel. One quick question. How much tire deflating did you have to do? On the beach, descending down that track from Ravensthorpe, getting into Fanny Bay? Just want to make sure I have a feel for the terrain. Anyway, have a festive holiday season, and thanks again for all your travel reports. I know that many of us live vicariously through you
                          Your welcome mate. I'm sure you will have a blast down there, just like I did. No outback cooking as no fires allowed this time of year. The stove should serve you well. Don't disregard those butane stoves though. I didn't deflate a tyre once. All the sand stuff I did was firm and not required. Noting the only beach I drove onto was Wharton and only a few hundred meters at that. Not required for Fanny cove, the track is hard limestone. Should you wish to drive up the beach, then I would deflate. More so to minimise damage to the sand than for traction reasons.

I have 2 weeks off mid Jan and I'm seriously contemplating spending most of that at Fitzgerald River NP.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X