• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fireash81
    • Jul 2008

Delete pipe

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
    Yes got it from Chip Tuning, don't know of anyone else that sells them.
    I joined the pressure differential pipes together so never does a burn due to blocked filter only does the kilometer burns.
    What did you join the pressure pipes together with ?

Comment

• Boo Boo
      • Aug 2012
      • Kilsyth

I just used a bit of steel fuel pipe I had lying around it was bent at 180 degree and worked perfectly.
      2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• firemanash81
        • Jul 2012
        • Forster NSW

Delete pipe

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
        Yes got it from Chip Tuning, don't know of anyone else that sells them.
        I joined the pressure differential pipes together so never does a burn due to blocked filter only does the kilometer burns.
        Hi how did you join the pressure pipes ? Did you put the original pipes ect back into the dpf delete pipe any pics or advice?

Comment

• mick457
          • Oct 2019
          • qld

is there a guide on how to do the dpf delete that someone can post a link. been searching for ages and no luck with finding anything.
          got this xforce system sitting here

Comment

• Myns
            • Sep 2022
            • South Australia

Hi guys has anyone heard from stoneman in regards to some resistors he pm about a month ago that he will have a batch coming in a couple weeks ,but haven't heard anymore.

Comment

• dreamerman
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2009
              • Sydney

Can one get insurance modding the DPF this way let alone passing inspection? I am not boo-booing just genuinely curious.
              03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• redbruce
                Administrator
                • Sep 2019
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
                Can one get insurance modding the DPF this way let alone passing inspection? I am not boo-booing just genuinely curious.
                Almost all insurance PDS's now specifically state insurance only covers a roadworthy vehicle.

Deleting the DPF makes vehicle unroadworthy. There is also the added risk of being picked up in a Police check as more and more officers undergo vehicle training and have access to the Road Vehicle Certification System (RVCS) database. In some states (eg Victoria and Qld) there are engineering trained police squads doing checks on vehicles and trailers. Thats the group responsible for the famous 4WD bust in Vic High Country last Easter and overloaded caravans and tow rigs most holidays.

PCOV Member 1954
                MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM drawer, ARB Smartbar.

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                  I have no doubt it happens on a regular basis, as some insurance companies will try anything to deny a claim. It doesn't mean they are acting legally.

It goes to contract law, and legal reasons for voiding a contract.
                  Insurance is a contract, covered by contract law. Voiding a contract isn't as easy as some would have you believe. The mere presence of an "illegal" modification / accessory doesn't give the insurance company an automatic "out" from a claim. Do be able to deny a claim legally the insurance company would need to be able to demonstrate that the "defect" was a significant contributor to the outcome of the incident.

Originally posted by nj swb
                  If the modification had nothing to do with the accident, it is irrelevant to the claim.

Legality of the mod also doesn't enter into it. All policies state that the car must be "roadworthy", which means (for instance) that your horn must work - a non-working horn makes your car unroadworthy.

If you're stationary at traffic lights with your unroadworthy horn, and get rear ended by an uninsured vehicle, you are covered by your comprehensive insurance policy. Your insurance company can't deny your claim because your horn wasn't working - your horn had nothing to do with the accident.

I would like to see how an insurance company would claim that a DPF delete affected an accident.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Greater Sydney

AAMI specifically mention a DPF delete makes the vehicle unroadworthy therefore the insurance is null and void.

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                      AAMI specifically mention a DPF delete makes the vehicle unroadworthy therefore the insurance is null and void.
                      Fair enough. If they explicitly state that in the PDS it's difficult to argue!

Edit: do you have a link? I'm interested in their precise wording.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Fair enough. If they explicitly state that in the PDS it's difficult to argue!

Edit: do you have a link? I'm interested in their precise wording.
                        Sorry I don't. It came up online when I was chasing a quote. It also mentioned EGR delete.

This from AAMI PDS There are some things we don’t cover under your policy and we want to be upfront about this. Remember, there are also specific things we don’t cover in sections 4 to 6, on pages 25 to 44. if it was damaged, unsafe or un-roadworthy at the time of the incident.
                        Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 04-01-23, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X