• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Not familiar with monocoque construction but do they have sway bars, or a similar kind of thing, like a chassis/body (ie NL) type construction does?

I had a bush disintegrate and mostly pop out from a rear sway bar, made a knocking sound.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Could be. I had it checked today and everything is ok. The shocks are fine so it's a mystery.

We are going to replace some large rubber discs under there but I'm not sure what they are called. I'm not that great on mechanics underneath.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Country Cruiser
        • May 2019
        • Adelaide

I either have the same sound or a really similar one that I'm trying to find at the moment. Couldn't be found when it was recently serviced too.

I've had and fixed the read door squeak and rattle, this one is a low knock/rattle, just takes a little bit of rough bitumen at a slow speed to hear it, or a gravel driveway etc. Infuriatingly annoying!!!

There are some tight clearances with the aftermarket suspension under mine but I don't think that's it...
        2016 NX GLX5

MM Steel Bullbar, Cooper AT3 LT, DRL/Fog Retrofit, Safari Snorkel, TJM/Dobinsons Suspension, Rhino Pioneer Platform, GME TX3350 UHF, LRA 81L Aux Fuel Tank, Lightforce Striker 170, Dr Air ProFlow Compressor, 23 Zero Awning, Engel Combi, Lawson Infinity System, Half a tank of Diesel.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Sounds like it's the same as mine. And yes, bloody annoying.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• dreamerman
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • Sydney

My rear clunk was due to the towbar bolt - tighten it and the noise went away.
            03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Bazooka
              • Apr 2012
              • Fraser Coast Queensland

Originally posted by Miner View Post
              Can be:

Rear door (Metal cup / rubber D)
              The rubber D was the problem on mine.

After months of chasing a clunk in the rear I eventually found that I could deliberately get what turned out to be the rear door latch to clunk by driving off a curb at about 45 degrees. It would clunk when either the left or right rear wheel dropped off the curb (can't remember which way around now).

I had tried adjusting the latching system several times but nothing worked until I replaced the rubber D.
              2004 NP 3.2 Auto Exceed, 410,250+k's, OME Suspension w/2-inch Lift, ECB Aluminium Bullbar, Under-bonnet Dual Batteries. Engine rebuilt at 401,595k's.

Comment

• Miner
                • Apr 2019
                • Abu Dhabi

Any guides / videos on the adjustment? My tailgate has dropped a little, can see the marks on the top of the latch and bottom of the cup.

About 4000km till it’s next service, my mrs is only 5ft and it’s over 40’C outside just now.... not sure I can be arsed trying to reset it now, even though it’s driving me mad at the moment...[emoji2957]

Not as mad as the clicking in the drivers seat though....[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• john pajero
                  • Dec 2016
                  • melb

I had a knocking at one point that turned out to be the rear diff protection bar which had taken a knock and bent towards the diff. As the diff moved about as it does it was hitting against the bar.

Removed and bent back to shape, re installed and problem solved.

Cheers,
                  John

2006 NP 3.2DID Auto, Smart bar, Glind heat exchange shower system, Boos bash plates, Redarc towpro elite, Custom roof rack, Ebay snorkel, winch, Kings awning, Old school uniden UHF, diff breathers, Custom sliders, Middle exhaust delete, Custom quick remove rear shelf.

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Miner check out the link below to Tech Manual, section 40 for back door.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Miner
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Abu Dhabi

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                      Miner check out the link below to Tech Manual, section 40 for back door.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...r/index_M1.htm

Perfect. Cheers bud. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X