• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Check engine light and flashing N

Thought this will not happen to a new Pajero. Came back home from work and left home again after 2 hours. All dash lights came on as normal when I started the engine (still warm) but CEL kept on and N (neutral) started flashing. I could drive as normal but CEL won't go away and N continue to flash. I drive in D and in 4WD and I have not yet install automate. I have fuel filter, catch can, EGR delete module and K&N panel filter. The EGR module is from Chiptuning and adjusted for NX with DPF. Have been flawless until now. I have a working Torque Pro.
    Can anyone please provide me with some pointers?
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • 4ePikanini
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • South Africa, East London

You have torque pro.

Scan it and post the results.
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD
    2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD
    2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D

Comment

• dreamerman
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Sydney

Originally posted by 4ePikanini View Post
      Scan it and post the results.
      Torque Pro says error:
      -U1100 Engine CAN timeout
      -U1073 Bus Off

I cleared the code and removed the BT OBDII dongle. Started the car again and no fault codes. Will put aside the dongle and hope this won't happen again.
      03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• oscaroo
        • Dec 2017
        • Sydney

Yep. I had the same problem with bt dongle. Apparently the fix is to go to torque pro vehicle profile and set the obd protocol to the one the car uses rather than Auto. Search this forum for the protocol to use.

I did that but then also stopped using obd bt dongle because I'd rather a car that works than extra data I don't really need.

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
          Torque Pro says error:
          -U1073 Bus Off

I cleared the code and removed the BT OBDII dongle. Started the car again and no fault codes. Will put aside the dongle and hope this won't happen again.
          Both are communication error codes (start with U). U1100 is a known code caused sometimes by OBD11 readers. Given you are using an OBD11 dongle, I doubt it is an issue with the car.
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2016
            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
            Torque Pro says error:
            -U1073 Bus Off

No need to worry about those codes. Used to get the U1100 on the scan gauge.

Been using Torque Pro with the correct protocol for years and yep it's always there if I do a scan.

Comment

• psproule
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Googong, NSW

If i disconnect and reconnect the battery with my Ultragauge plugged in i have the same problem. Have to clear codes with torque pro to get it out of limp mode.

Pat
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010
                • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                If i disconnect and reconnect the battery with my Ultragauge plugged in i have the same problem. Have to clear codes with torque pro to get it out of limp mode.

Pat
                Yes. The ultragauge doesn’t like being powered up without activity on the CANBus. I always plug mine in with the ignition on
                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

I leave my Ultragauge connected all the time and don't have any issues with codes.

I did have problems using Torque causing the flashing N and limp mode until I changed the settings as advised on here. After that, no issues.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• nj swb
                    Resident
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                    I leave my Ultragauge connected all the time and don't have any issues with codes.
                    While your battery is connected the diagnostic port supplies power to the Ultragauge, even when the ignition is off. It's only when the battery is re-connected and powers up the Ultragauge (from no power) without any traffic on the CAN bus that issues can arise.

It's a bit like head units having permanent power, to protect clock and other settings, and accessories power, to determine when to wake up.

The diagnostic port provides permanent power (for what? ) and ignition tells the Ultragauge to wake up. It seems Ultragauge doesn't like that permanent power being first applied without traffic on the CAN bus.
                    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• dreamerman
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • Sydney

Will check that the protocol is ISO15765-4CAN11/500 with faster communications disabled.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X