X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miner
    • Apr 2019
    • Abu Dhabi

Says it can only be used in 4HLc and 4LLc.... never tried out-with... but probably an interlock in the ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
      Doesn't engaging diff lock deactivate TC anyway? (in fact ABS, ASC and TC are all off in this case?)
      Jimbo's signature indicates he has a "TC mod", which is probably a wiring mod to allow both traction control and rear diff lock at the same time.

I don't know what effect such modifications have on ABS and ASC. But I have an aftermarket rear diff lock of which my factory systems are completely unaware, and have never had concerns about using diff lock with ABS, ASC and TC being operational.

The only issue I've ever noticed is that my Paj gets tail-happy on high-speed dirt with my rear diff-lock engaged (i.e. I've forgotten to turn it off) and the ASC intervention (power cut) becomes very noticeable. But the factory diff lock would disengage at those speeds anyway.

Note that I don't consider this behaviour (ASC intervention with rear diff-lock) a concern, because I'm an unreformed hoon who doesn't mind some opposite lock, and would probably enjoy driving more often with the rear diff locked if the ASC didn't spoil the fun.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• spool
        • Mar 2017
        • Brisbane

Specifically thinking of factory diff lock in 2wd for lite sand and dirt road driving.
        2011 NT - TJM Bar - Winch - Spotties - Dual Battery - On Board Compressor - Drifta Drawes + Pulll out Kitchen - TC Mod - Rear Diff Lock - MM4x4 Auto Mate - OCAM Full rack

Comment

• Mikehzz
          • Nov 2019
          • Winmalee

Traction control and stability control are 2 different systems. It's in the owner manual on an NX at least. There's no way to turn off traction control that I can see and no mention of how to do it in the manual. Stability control can be turned off by the button on the dash and automatically goes off in low range on my car at least. It's stability control that stuffs you up off road, especially in sand.

Comment

• Miner
            • Apr 2019
            • Abu Dhabi

Pull the abs relay out or get one of Vlad’s patch looms... it’s a real hinderance at times when you need to have it locked up and floored to get up a scraggy climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Mikehzz View Post
              Traction control and stability control are 2 different systems. It's in the owner manual on an NX at least. There's no way to turn off traction control that I can see and no mention of how to do it in the manual. Stability control can be turned off by the button on the dash and automatically goes off in low range on my car at least. It's stability control that stuffs you up off road, especially in sand.
              Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

You're correct that the factory doesn't provide any way to turn of traction control, but that's the beauty of internet forums such as this one. Clever people analyse the way the factory system works, look at the wiring diagrams, and find ways to make our vehicles behave in ways for which the factory did not allow.

Forum member Vlad offers an aftermarket plug & play kit that can disable traction control when the driver desires, and enable traction control when the factory programming has it disabled. Many of our members have either bought his kit, or replicated the changes themselves, and can effectively force traction control to operate when they want it, or disable it when they don't want it.

See https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=54470 for more details.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by Mikehzz View Post
                The TC turns off when the rear diff lock is engaged, in cars where the RDL is fitted, eg, the NX. I think some of the "work arounds" people have developed trick the car into thinking the RDL is engaged when it isn't, thereby disabling the TC?
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Keithyv
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2018
                  • Perth

I keep coming back to this VERY handy table.
                  Yes TC (and ABS) is OFF when rear diff lock is enabled.
                  Attached Files
                  2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                  MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• spot01
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                    I keep coming back to this VERY handy table.
                    Yes TC (and ABS) is OFF when rear diff lock is enabled.
                    That is a very handy table - I assume it is for the Gen 4?

It suggests the engine control part of the TC is deactivated by switching the ASC of, even in 2H or 4H - very handy for fast exits from the gravel verge onto the highway + the ASC will automatically switch back on when a higher speed is reached (I forget what that speed is).
                    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Pwoffey
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Adelaide

Yes, thanks for the table Keithyv. As an aside, I have been driving my Paj for 6 years and, until I glanced at this table, I was unaware I could use the RDL in 4HLc. I've only ever used it in 4LLc. Not sure I would ever want or need to use the locker in 4HLc, but you learn something new on this Forum every day!
                      BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Mikehzz
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Winmalee

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                        The TC turns off when the rear diff lock is engaged, in cars where the RDL is fitted, eg, the NX. I think some of the "work arounds" people have developed trick the car into thinking the RDL is engaged when it isn't, thereby disabling the TC?
                        Its the stability control that turns off in low range, so the manual says anyway? I noticed there are 2 separate similar lights that look like a car skidding. One's the stability control and goes solid in low which indicates it's off, (same as if the button is pressed), the other's the traction control and blinks if a wheel loses grip causing the other side to get drive. It still blinks on mine in low with the locker on if the front wheels are having trouble so I assumed it's still working or it would be solid too? In other cars I've had, stability control can cut power and brake wheels, while traction control doesn't, it just brakes the wheel in the air. It's interesting how these systems differ for different cars. Thank you all for the info.

Comment

• carnut1100
                          • Jun 2019
                          • brisbane

I’ve modded mine to just run TC all the time.
                          I have run the clipped wire up to a switch so I can disable TC completely at any time.
                          Diff lock plus TC is awesome, nothing stops it except ground clearance!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X