Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 17-10-09

Thumbs up New Lovells 2" lift kit & Mickey Thompson MTZ Baja Muddies fitted today

G-Day all,
What an amazing change to my NJ LWB Paj.
Yesterday, i got my new Lovells 2" lift kit fitted,(4 shockers, 2 rear springs & front torsion bars), my old factory rear springs had sagged so much, it actually increased the rear by 80mm from where it used to sit), i realise the new springs need time to settle in & will drop a little, but still 80mm is f***en great). Yesterday, i also had extra work done on the front end, New pittman arm, idler arm, tie rod arms, & the rubber dust boot covers inner & outer on the front diff. The Paj now drives fantastic, so smooth & straight on the black stuff.

Today, i had new 16x7'' black sunnies fitted with MTZ Baja muddies 265/70R16, as a second set of tyres & rims purely for the weekends & off-road & trips away, as where i used to have factory 15x7" rims on 31x10.5R15 Hankook A/T tyres, I will still use the old rims & tyres for everyday traveling.

Saturday going to Noojee with a few mates with various different vehicles, to test out my new gear, Jackaroo turbo diesel, well set up, 80 series Landcruiser diesel, well set up, & the new 70 seriers 4.5ltr turbo V8 diesel, fully set up, with all the gear, i mean everything (what a beast this vehicle is) i have been off-road several times with this 70 seriers, its a pure animal!

With my new gear, i guess he wont be pulling me out of sticky situations as much....i hope!

I will post old & new pics of my Paj soon.

Cheers everybody happy 4x4
Old 17-10-09
Administrator

Way to go Knakkers, be good to see some pictures of the NJ.
Dave
Old 22-10-09

Dave,
I would be glad to post some pics of my Paj. Below are pics of the old look Paj & the new look
I am very very happy with the new look of the Paj & its performance on & off-road, the new Lovells 2" lift kit rides fantastic, so much smoother then the old factory suspension & the MTZ Baja muddies, well.........im very happy with them too.

Went to Noojee last weekend..........With all that rain Melb had last week, Noojee was nothing but a pure mud pit.......I will post some pics soon.

There was a winch challenge comp held at Noojee last weekend, so there was 4x4's everywhere
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paj01.JPG (148.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg P1000665.JPG (61.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg P1010047.jpg (240.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg P1010048.jpg (236.6 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg P1010049.jpg (214.9 KB, 95 views)
Old 22-10-09

that looks awesome made up my mind on what wheels i want now,

what offset rim did u get??
Old 22-10-09

Rednut,
Im not sure what off set the rims are. All i know is, i went to my local Tyre Power in Scoresby, on Ferntree Gully Rd, told them, i want a set of five 16x7" black sunnies to suit my paj with Mickey MTZ Baja 265/75R16 muddies, they gave me a quote fitted & balanced & i pushed hard for a free front end alignment, which included adding shims, to make the camber adjustment required for the front end lift.

I shop around heaps to try to match or better Tyre Power's quote, nobody......out of six different tyre shops could even get close to their price.
I have used Tyre Power in scoresby several times, with different types of vehicles.......Their #1 service, products, advice & price is second to none.

The Paj steers & feels the best its ever felt in the front end, in the 3yrs i have owned it.
Old 22-10-09
Valued Member

How much did you pay for wheels and tyres?
Old 22-10-09

Yeah good look - Love the MTZ Mickey T's.
Old 22-10-09

Lazarus,
paid in total $2225 for a set of 5 rims & tyres.
$115 for rims each
$330 a tyre each
Old 25-10-09

thats one good looking pajero, just wondering where from did u get that front bullbar or did it come with the car. iam after a similar one for my one ??
Old 25-10-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by stndby View Post
thats one good looking pajero, just wondering where from did u get that front bullbar or did it come with the car. iam after a similar one for my one ??
Thanx for the Complement on my Paj Stndby, But i bought the car with that bullbar 4 yrs ago, so im affraid i cant tell you where it come from. What bar have you got?? Im after a winch bar next...Wanna swap??