• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jas2909
    • Feb 2016
    • Penrith NSW

New look BOOS Bash Plates ;)

Well considering the paint on the boos is thinner than a catwalk model on show day I have hammered mine so it was time for a make over.....I loving it!

• Lando
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Lake Maquarie NSW

You cant miss them!! Nice work...i do enjoy well painted bash plates...always good to look under once in a while and see all those big hits they have saved you from lol

I go killrust black though only on my front two. And after every "big" adventure i get under ,wipe the marks down and spray them again for that OCD clean look lol
    MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Jas2909
      • Feb 2016
      • Penrith NSW

Haha yep u sound like me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Poita
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2010
        • Adelaide

Looks good!

Does your vehicle only have the single front recovery point???
        NW VRX MY2013
        Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Jas2909
          • Feb 2016
          • Penrith NSW

Originally posted by Poita View Post
          Looks good!

Does your vehicle only have the single front recovery point???

Yes

Comment

• Anderson
            • Dec 2016
            • Victoria

No front bar (?)

Comment

• Jas2909
              • Feb 2016
              • Penrith NSW

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              No front bar (?)
              nothing decent available for the exceed yet....xrox and ironman are not far off.

Comment

• Nathan22
                • Feb 2017
                • Adelaide

Where have you fitted the radio etc. doesn't seem like there's a good spot anywhere to me.

Cheers

Comment

• Jas2909
                  • Feb 2016
                  • Penrith NSW

Under passenger seat, mic on right leg side passenger area. Scanner just to right of stereo controls

Comment

• Chello
                    • Mar 2017
                    • QLD

Looks great!
                    I unfortunately discovered how worthless the stock bash plate is on a bunch of sand moguls. Result was smashed radiator and air con condensor. When I get it back from repairer, is being toughened up with one like yours!

Comment

• Outo
                      • Mar 2017
                      • Gold Coast, Queensland

Plastic Air Diverter

Hi jas, Did you modify the plastic air diverter behind this and still leave it there

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

I did a bit of rock hoping last week and was very glad I had a full set of Boos underneath.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Outo View Post
                          Hi jas, Did you modify the plastic air diverter behind this and still leave it there
                          The plastic air divertor at the bottom of the radiator is actually a air baffle so ram air does not flow under the radiator but forces the air through the the radiators. Unfortunately most aftermarket front plates have open sides which also gives ram air an easy way out so it does not have to go through the radiators. In cool, low load conditions the effect is negligible but in hot conditions and high loads then correct baffling and directing of ram air is very important.
                          I have modified my Challenger Bushskinz front plate to reduce ram air loses, this has a noticeable reduction in inlet air and ATF temperatures.

I have had all 3 Bushskinz underbody guards for about 4 years and they have saved the underneath from serious damage on many an occasion so I can not complain that they have not been worth the investment. From day 1, I always questioned a number of things; 1. 4mm thick mild steel is very heavy and is required to get the

OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• drof
                            • Sep 2010
                            • South Australia

Has anyone bothered with the genuine Mitsibishi 'Under Ride Protection' plates. Only 2mm steel. Do they offer any difference in terms of air flow etc?

Looking at trading our PB for a PS soon and wondering which factory options to take vs aftermarket.

drof

Comment

• Jas2909
                              • Feb 2016
                              • Penrith NSW

factory is rubbish too. wouldnt waste your time, they will be more expensive too

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X