• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnhgh
    • Feb 2010
    • Brisbane

1. January 2010 NT GL, white.

2. Small rust stain drivers side rear top, no rust on bolt heads, no pics yet.

3. Off to the dealer on Tuesday for service, will report result.

Just back from service, rust noted on service record, "polished off rust marks". Lucky I got that in writing, a little polish and it's apparently all cured (for now).

John
    Last edited by johnhgh; 06-12-11, 05:41 PM. Reason: new info
    2010 NT Diesel GL, TJM bull bar, Ox 9500lb winch, Airtec snorkel, Kings springs & XGS shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, TJM underbody guards, cargo barrier, dual batterys, UHF, LRA fuel tank, Prorack roof bars, Lightforce Genesis lights.
    1997 NK Petrol GLS with way too many accessories

Comment

• marquis
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Newcastle

Same as eman

04/2010 NT GLX Solid White
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• DaveV
        • Dec 2009
        • Lakesland NSW

1/ Model & Date Built. NT (RX) 01/10

2/ Where you have the rust.. Top of both rear doors

3/ If Possible post pictures of the rust. Pictures taken by dealer, and surface rust cleared off.
        NX DiD MY16, Auto, White: TJM Bar, Xray HID Spot's, UHF, Bushskins Bash Plates, Airtek Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovells Suspension, ORS Draw System & Dual Battery System.

Comment

• achjimmy
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2009
          • Blue Mtns

1/ Model & Date Built..

Platuimn 08/10

2/ where you have the rust..

Both rear doors

3/ If Possible post pictures of the rust..

i cant seem to get a good shot, rust very simalar to the picture by Abonko

I havent taken it to a dealer yet but will hopefully before xmas, also getting independant advise.

thanks
          Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
          MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
          99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Tiger_DFT
            • Dec 2010
            • Busselton, West Australia

NT Rust mine has it too!

MITSUBISHI PAJERO NT GLX
            Build date 8 / 2009
            Paint code W09 (White)

Rust on tops of both rear passenger doors (under rubber seal)
            screw heads locating vertical metal window divider also badly rusted.

Sorry no photos but mine is same as White Pajero photos already loaded up re this topic. I'll load up some photos once camera cable found!

Comment

• Sabre
              • Apr 2010
              • SE Qld

NT Rust

1. January 2010 NT GL, white.

2. Small rust stains on top of both doors, no rust on bolt heads.

3. Taken to Dealer, noted on file, will follow up at next service for resolution.

Comment

• explorer2203
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Penrith NSW

1/ Model & Date Built.. (Month & Year Please) 11/2009 NT DID

2/ where you have the rust.. Rear doors Both sides. Left is 5 times worse than RHS with blistering along the majorty of the legnth of door. RHS only shows discolourisation at this point

Pics already submitted to MMA and posted Link below:

Thanks
                Last edited by Gus; 05-12-11, 10:24 AM. Reason: Added link to picture
                Remember...he who expects nothing shall not be dissapointed.

2010 NT DID GLS. Dobinson Front / Lovells Rear Springs - 50mm. Dobinson front shocks and Tuff Dogs at rear. Polyairs. ARB Bar. HID 9" spots x 3. 4460 GME. RF10 Tyres. Chip It Tune chip. scanguage II. Dual Batteries. Roof basket. ICOM UHF and GME UHF

Comment

• RJOther
                  • Apr 2009
                  • Vermont South, Vic

NT rust

1/ 04/09 NT DID

2/ Rear driver side door. Screw rusted badly and rust stain along the seam.
                  Rear passenger door looks OK.

3/ No pictures but looks the same as everyone else's pictures. Not taken to MM yet, waiting for MM official response.
                  2009 NT DiD Exceed, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lightforce Genesis HIDs, iCom IC-400pro, Milford Cargo Barrier, TJM Battery Tray & DBS, ARB Fridge,
                  P3 Brake Controller, D697 LT265/60R18, Lovells HD 50mm lift, Bilsteins.

Comment

• robeggy
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Nelson Bay

NS Rust

Hi All
                    1: NS DID Auto Envy Green Build Dec 06
                    2:Rust on top of both rear doors.
                    3: Pics attached
                    Have not been to dealer as yet.
                    Has been Garaged all its life except on trips. Never been on beach and only washed couple times per year.
                    Regards
                    Rob
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by robeggy; 06-12-11, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Didge
                      • Mar 2009
                      • SE Queensland, Australia

Hello again to All,

1/ Model & Date Built.. (Month & Year Please) -NS GLX Dec 2007
                      2/ where you have the rust.. - Under door rubbers at the top of both rear doors. Also on roof under black rubber weather, left rear
                      3/ If Possible post pictures of the rust.. See photos at the following threads / links......

Cheers
                      Didge
                      2007 NS GLX DiD Manual.

Comment

• tim51
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Northern NSW

Dealer finally contacted me yesterday almost 4weeks after taking photos and sending them to MMAL. I was instructed to obtain two quotes for repair.

I have not seen any of the quotes, but they will vary considerably as one was only going to quote to scrape the rust out and treat the area and repaint. The second stated that the only way to repair the rust was to replace both the doors, anything else would not last and the rust would soon return.

Today I decided to get a third opinion and took the vehicle to a repairer that has been in the game for many years and who I should have went to in the first place. He agreed that the doors would have to be replaced as the rust in his opinion is coming from inside the the doors, any other repair in his opinion would only cover up the rust for about 6months.

I think that all of us affected owners should band together and insist on replacement of our doors, hopefully with modified doors, that will not rust.

I truly think that we will have a fight on our hands as MMAL will not want to fix the problem properly. The cost of the doors alone to the panel shop is around $900 each.

1.Model & Date: Activ Built March 2010
                        2.Rust both rear passenger doors and also back cargo door opening, so far.
                        3.Dealer took photos of rear passenger doors but has not seen the rust on rear door opening under the seal, as this was discovered by one of the Smash Repairers when I took it to them for a quote.
                        Last edited by tim51; 08-12-11, 06:32 PM. Reason: door price
                        2010 NT Activ 3.2 Diesel Auto White.
                        OME Deluxe Bar, OME Sports Suspension, LR Aux Tank, 2xBushSkinz, MM Tow kit, ClearView Tow Mirrors, Scotts Rods 3" Exhaust, Mickey Thompson ATZ Rubber, Spare Tyre Lifter, Nite Stalker Driving Lights, Body Protection Kit, GME TX3340 UHF, Prodigy Brake Controller, Ultra Gauge EM, Dual Batt & Redarc Isolator, Thule X'bars, Front & Rear Wet Seat neoprene covers, Black Sandgrabber mats. OzHummer's MMCS overide & iPod kit.... So far....

Comment

• CraigFox
                          • Jun 2010
                          • Happy Valley SA

1/ Model & Date Built.. 03/10 ACTiV White
                          2/ where you have the rust..Rear Passenger Doors
                          3/ If Possible post pictures of the rust..Has been to Mitsubishi Dealer and reported/inspected by area manager with photos taken. Also Mitsubishi referred to crash shop for 2nd opinion, although do not know what that was.
                          Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Bushskinz under body still to come one day.

Comment

• Isa paj
                            • Apr 2009
                            • Mount Isa Queensland

1/ NT GLS Diesel 06/2009 Ironbark
                            2/ Rust stain on top of R/H rear door screw not rusty and no sign of rust on L/H door.

Interesting to note I washed the car yesterday and checked under the seals on the top of both doors and water had found its way under the R/H but not L/H. The water appeared to get through on the bend at the top rear of the door. Also the L/H door seal appears to fit better and tighter. I checked this morning and the water was still under the R/H door seal. This vehicle has lived in Mount Isa all its life except for the odd holiday.
                            Last edited by Isa paj; 10-12-11, 08:38 AM.
                            NT GLS Manual.

Comment

• Gus
                              Administrator
                              • Mar 2008
                              • Traralgon. Vic

Starting New Thread "Hot Fix for NS-NT..

To all, we asked for specific information only on this thread for a reason.. That specific reason was to help Mitsubishi help you guys with a fix ASAP. Most did exactly that..

We received advice this morning that the "HOT FIX" was released to dealers late Friday 9th Dec..

*Note we have moved some posts to this new thread & others to website feed back.. none have been deleted.
                              (you'll see them copied & pasted together as that was the only way we could start the new thread with the main post at the top)

New Thread : NS-NT "Hot Fix Released" HERE

So we ask that you continue to only post if you have a vehicle that is affected...

* Note we have included NS-NT here...

Information we are asking for on this thread:

1/ Model & Date Built..
                              (Month & Year Please)
                              2/ where you have the rust..

Gus & Dave.

VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                              NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Jenko67
                                • Jul 2011
                                • Brisbane

1/ Model & Date Built.. 4/11 RX2 - compliance 7/11 with only 3000kms
                                2/ where you have the rust..I had minor rust stains on the seams at the top of both doors. I used some silicone spray and clean it off, looks ok now.....none on the screws
                                3/ If Possible post pictures of the rust..I have none to post.

Thanks Gus and Dave.

2011 Pajero RX2, white, auto diesel, genuine towbar, electronic rust proofing, brake controller, mats throughout, neoprene seat covers, tinted front windows, headlight and bonnet protectors, dual battery, Redarc with anderson plug and heavy duty fridge socket etc etc but I want more...

Towing - 2013 Coromal Magnum Transforma Poptop

To do list - bullbar, spotlights, polyair airbags or suspension ??? (still to decide), airtec snorkel...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X