• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twitchie88
    • Feb 2019
    • Berwick Victoria

Twitchies NM work/play rig

Hey guys so finally got some photos of my ride

Not the worst of conditions but not the best of them ether. Has its flaws but for a 18 year old car definitely cant complain.

logo_ii.gif
    IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3393.jpg
    IMG_3394.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg

Been doing some mending today

Unplugged the antenna motor as it was shot anyway, found a heap of dirt build up inside the guard after removing the inner cover.

IMG_3388.jpgIMG_3389.jpg

[emoji88] You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the grim reaper [emoji88]
  • twitchie88
    • Feb 2019
    • Berwick Victoria

Twitchies NM work/play rig

Did a little diy boot mat out if a sheet of fox racing advertising i had still laying around.
    I have a few of these i use when we go away riding to get changed on or work on the bikes etc rather than doing it on the dirt
    Figured be a good idea for when i put my muddy ladder/ tool boxes away.

IMG_3397.jpgIMG_3398.jpgIMG_3396.jpg

Also put a little bracket in the boot to keep my tool belt stored

[emoji88] You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the grim reaper [emoji88]

Comment

• RUGGA
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2014
      • Adelaide

Enjoy your rig Twitch, looks good. Welcome to the nut house.
      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• twitchie88
        • Feb 2019
        • Berwick Victoria

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
        Enjoy your rig Twitch, looks good. Welcome to the nut house.

Thanks rugga!
        Im loving it so far, I honestly can not get over the fact of how comfortable they are and how “car” like they handle/drive

Comment

• RUGGA
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2014
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by twitchie88 View Post
          Thanks rugga!
          Im loving it so far, I honestly can not get over the fact of how comfortable they are and how “car” like they handle/drive

Agree, very under rated 4x4. Just wait till you try it off road.
          02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• twitchie88
            • Feb 2019
            • Berwick Victoria

Well im one step closed for some off road use...
            got a set of 4 federal couragia mts for 80 bux with about 40 odd percent of life in them...if you really want to get technical i didn’t actually spend a cent as i sold my old bmx for 80 which i didnt pay for anyway.

Also got a set of 3 cooper stt for free, will be getting the 4th soon just gotta wait for the bloke to get new tyres.
            These arent the best but will pick the best one and use it for the spare.
            The others i may just keep for emergencies or flog them off

Both sets are 265/75r16 sooo im pretty sure thats around a 31?

Anyway can complain with my score. [emoji1591]

Will post a pic once all monted on

IMG_3403.jpg

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by twitchie88 View Post
              Both sets are 265/75r16 sooo im pretty sure thats around a 31?
              Sort of...

To work in inches, 265mm is (round figures) 10.5 inches. Sidewall height is 75% of that, but there's two sidewalls = 150%

1.5 x 10.5 inches = 15.75" of sidewall, plus 16" of rim = close to 32".

Looking at specs, picking Cooper ST Maxx (because I like them), the official OD for a 265/75R16 is 813mm (when new). 32" x 25.4mm per inch is 812.8mm - so it's fair to say that the ST Maxx is truly 32" when new.

But tread depth is 14.7mm, which is over half an inch. Given that there needs to be some tread depth left for a tyre to be legal, call it half an inch to the end of its life, which comes off both ends of the tyre's diameter - so when they're ready for the dump, that's when they're a 31" tyre.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• twitchie88
                • Feb 2019
                • Berwick Victoria

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                Sort of...

To work in inches, 265mm is (round figures) 10.5 inches. Sidewall height is 75% of that, but there's two sidewalls = 150%

1.5 x 10.5 inches = 15.75" of sidewall, plus 16" of rim = close to 32".

Looking at specs, picking Cooper ST Maxx (because I like them), the official OD for a 265/75R16 is 813mm (when new). 32" x 25.4mm per inch is 812.8mm - so it's fair to say that the ST Maxx is truly 32" when new.

But tread depth is 14.7mm, which is over half an inch. Given that there needs to be some tread depth left for a tyre to be legal, call it half an inch to the end of its life, which comes off both ends of the tyre's diameter - so when they're ready for the dump, that's when they're a 31" tyre.

Hmmm interesting thanks for that NJ.
                Im very used to the old inches just find them alot easier haha
                I find it weird how different brands have the same “size” yet work out differently.

Comment

• twitchie88
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Berwick Victoria

Me + mate+ beers = ideas like this

Before

After

IMG_3432.jpg

Comment

• twitchie88
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Berwick Victoria

Massive thanks to bobthekelpy for kindly giving my his old roof rails.
                    I made my own mounting brackets. And they work a treat.

Not going to have alot of weight on them mainly for my 6plus foot ladder and my 2.4 level.

Was also given a 3/4 ally roof cage off a good mate as he had changed his mind on his gu. Exactly the same as whats in the picture

Comment

• twitchie88
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Berwick Victoria

Got her the mud shoes on

Love the look of these on some nice muds

Sorry for the shitty photos as you can tell my camera is really good

Comment

• bobthekelpy
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Melbourne

It's lookin' great, Twitch!
                        2010 NT GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X