• Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
    UHF

Installed an 80 channel DIN sized GME UHF...
    Anyone notice another mod in this picture I haven't mentioned?
    Winch switch?

You've certainly had a busy weekend of posting - after many busy weekends of modding!
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Rovingman
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2014
      • Blue mountains

Nice work on the light.
      Pajero NT RX 2011
      Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
      LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• PAJ30
        • Oct 2011
        • Townsville

Very interested in any info about the long range fuel tank?
        NS Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition with family pack. ARB Sahara bar with winch, dual batts, 2inch lift and 275/65R18's BFG Race pipe and HPD can and rear diff lock.

Comment

• ticky
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2015
          • Adelaide

Youve done some quality work there Justin. I particularly like the Air Comp Mount & the Auto Trans Cooler.

Steve
          2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
            Nice work on the light.
            Thanks mate

Originally posted by PAJ30 View Post
            Very interested in any info about the long range fuel tank?
            It was custom made by the previous (and original) owner. The tank is made out of aluminium, has baffles, and a fuel level sensor - when the transfer pump is activated, the factory fuel gauge swaps over and shows the fuel remaining in the sub tank.
            Even if you didn't have the skills/equipment to make one yourself, I reckon that you could get one made by a local sheet metal fabricator for less than the commercial options (which are around $1,400 supply only I believe).
            As the original owner pointed out, if done properly, there is no issue with having fuel inside the body as many factory sedans have the fuel tank in the boot against the back seat (rear wheel Genini comes to mind as I used to own one).
            I also like the fact that it isn't vulnerable to damage and doesn't effect departure angle like the commercial sub tanks for gen 3-4s.

Originally posted by ticky View Post
            Youve done some quality work there Justin. I particularly like the Air Comp Mount & the Auto Trans Cooler.
            Steve
            Thanks Steve
            Last edited by geopaj; 23-08-15, 10:35 PM.
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• geopaj
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Adelaide

In Cab Winch Control & Traction Control/Diff Lock Mod

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              Winch switch?
              You've certainly had a busy weekend of posting - after many busy weekends of modding!
              We have a winner

While I had the dash apart to install the UHF, I also did the Traction Control/Diff Lock Mod (http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...n+control+diff) and also added both a winch master switch plus a winch in/out momentary rocker switch.

I used a front diff lock switch to activate the traction control with the rear diff locked.

(Obviously, I forgot to clean up my text marks before taking the photo - bugger

Best of all, it only cost 3 switches, a bit of wire and my time.
              Last edited by geopaj; 03-05-18, 08:41 PM. Reason: Postimage links updated
              Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• Noise
                • Aug 2011
                • Albany

A couple of questions.

Hi geopaj

Great mods mate.
                How's the ARB compressors capacity? Is it relatively quick pumping up the tyres?
                Also,, I'll be putting my HF radio in the same place as your uhf. My main question here is, that piece of the console, is it easy to remove?

Cheers
                Acquired
                2011 NT Platinum Auto Diesel
                Factory bells n whistles, Safari snorkel, Uniden uhf, Tekonsha electronic brake controller, Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards, 2.5 x 3m awning.

Traded
                2.8td nj
                arb bar, snorkel, spotties, ironman shocks, king springs, re-indexed torsion bars, cb, uhf, boost gauge, interior led's, reece, home made roof rack with rear facing led's and mounted high lift jack... so far

Comment

• gemster
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Gold Coast

NL

Wow that NL looks nice Justin you have done some great work

But the NT looks nice also.......Hope you are having fun with your new one.
                  Thought I would save my first post for you.

Gemster
                  YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                  And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                  ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• geopaj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Noise View Post
                    Hi geopaj

Great mods mate.
                    How's the ARB compressors capacity? Is it relatively quick pumping up the tyres?
                    Also,, I'll be putting my HF radio in the same place as your uhf. My main question here is, that piece of the console, is it easy to remove?

Cheers
                    Thanks for the feedback. I was starting to wonder if people were finding my posts interesting or not

COMPRESSOR: up until ARB gave me the ARB compressor, I was using a TJM one. I find that the ARB one is definately quicker (and physically smaller). If I needed to buy another compressor, I'd definately get another ARB one.

DASH REMOVAL: the process for removing the centre lower dash section sounds scary, but in reality, it probably only took 1/2 hour.
                    I followed this write up - http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=26243
                    Since installing my UHF, other forum members have found a simpler method, but I have not tried it - http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...rol+mod&page=7
                    Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by gemster View Post
                      Wow that NL looks nice Justin you have done some great work

But the NT looks nice also.......Hope you are having fun with your new one.
                      Thought I would save my first post for you.

Gemster
                      Hi John,

Gee, your NL has some very similar mods to my old NL! He he

(For those who are reading this, Gemster is now the proud owner of my NL).

I must admit, some times I still regret upgrading from the NL, but the NT is nice too.

It's interesting that I seem to be getting more feedback about the NL than the NT.

Here's my favourite photo of the NL. It's my favourite not because of the quality of the picture but for what it represents - the photo was taken on top of Big Red after crossing the Simpson Desert with our camper trailer. The NL climbed Big Red (straight up - not the 'chicken track' or 'Little Red' bypass) FIRST TIME with the camper in tow! Not many 4wds can make that claim! It was/is a very capable 4wd. (I should add, the bonnet is up as I was just doing a quick fluid & mechanical check - not because there was a problem).
                      Last edited by geopaj; 03-05-18, 08:41 PM. Reason: Postimage links updated
                      Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Adelaide

Driver's Foot Rest

Anyway, back to the NT...

No idea why Mr Mitsubishi decided to delete a proper driver's footrest in NT+ models. As per this thread (http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...light=Footrest) I added a genuine NS footrest. Much more comfortable. To my surprise, the genuine rubber mats fit perfectly round the NS footrest.

About $30 from Amayama

Last edited by geopaj; 03-05-18, 08:42 PM. Reason: Postimage links updated
                        Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• Hatto
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Mandurah WA

OMG. Amazing, the genuine mats fit around the foot rest! So it obviously was meant to be there. Deleting the foot rest must have saved MM $20 a pop on the cost of manufacturing. Hehe. Seriously though the foot rest is a great addition ey.
                          Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                          ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• gemster
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Gold Coast

Well we could do a swap if you want???
                            I will post a build up on the NL soon...I have made some changes since purchase......love that pic also.....next year for me yeh ha
                            YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

• geopaj
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Adelaide

Cargo Bay Window Sun Insulation

Made a set of 'Solarscreen' copies for the rear three (cargo bay) windows (http://www.solarscreen.com.au).

I previously made a set for the NL. It's truely amazing how much these make it cooler in summer. Also helps keep thieving eyes off my stuff, so had to make a set for the NT.

They are just made using cheap ($7 x 2) windscreen shades from Supercheap. I use the ones with one dark coloured side. I put the dark coloured side on the inside to limit internal reflections/glare that may distract he driver.

Outside side window

Inside side window

Inside back window

Back window is attached with suction caps from Clarke Rubber. Side windows I initially used self adhesive Velcro but the adhesive melted during the hot Adlaide summer days so I now just jam them between the window and the trim.

Side window insulation stays in all the time (with 2 child seats I can't see out of them anyway), and the rear one I use just on big trips and in summer.

Once I'd made mine, I gave the templates I made to nj_swb and he used them to make a set for his NT too

As you've probably worked out, most of my modifications are free or cheap and self made. Tinkering in the shed keeps me out of trouble (maybe I should have called this thread 'Geopaj's Tight-ass Modifications' )
                              Last edited by geopaj; 03-05-18, 08:42 PM. Reason: Postimage links updated
                              Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• gemster
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • Gold Coast

Nice work Justin...the best mods are the ones you can do yourself...and cheap..
                                I made some window blinds for mine awhile ago out of air-con lagging...very similar stuff....makes a real difference that's for sure.. Love the compressor location, but don't think it will fit in the NL.... still looking for the right spot...Well done

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X