• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Review MSA Drop Down Slide..

Before heading to Brissy my mates at Creighton's TJM were thrown the keys to my Paj as I was over the old custom Draw System & fridge slide..
    Why well 2 reasons 1st up most on here know I suffer with serious back issues, this in mind getting things in/out of fridge was awkward & 2 the draws being up high were just to small & made packing the rear a pain in the back, (pun intended)..

MSAs Drop Down Fridge Slide is a winner, (Mine is the DS40), they have a range to suit most fridges up to 80-110 ltr Waeco.

The Slides are well made, strong & can handle the off Road punishment of 4 Wheel driving. To say that they make getting things in & out of the fridge easy is an understatement, my wife loves it too!
    I was concerned at the weight of a fully loaded fridge when extended out over the draws & lowered would be on the mounting points this concern was unfounded if you mount as instructed, (as they did), the fridge is well supported by the mechanism. I was also nicely surprised at how easy a fully loaded fridge dropped down & lifted back up very smooth & can easily be done using 1 hand. The slide features lock-in & lock-out runners and a lockable, travel latch. I also like the fact the slides are supplied with Tie Down Straps as an included accessory.

So anyone that has or intends to mount a fridge up high, & I include those that have lift kits on their 4WDs with those with Draw systems, it's a must get as far as I'm concerned..

Oh and for anyone with back issues you will love it!

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Yclept
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Sydney

Gotta agree, we just took ours on a 15,000 km expedition and it was so convenient to be able to see into the fridge easily. We have the DS40 with an ARB 47 litre fridge and despite my bitching about the setup costs I am so glad we paid the bucks.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

I still can't get over the price of these, the only way I could fathom paying that amount would be because the set of Ironman drawers and the drop slide are cheaper than a standard slide at floor level with two drawers one on top of the other. The flat floor is much more practical for day to day use. I think that's what I'll have to tell SWMBO when we get round that fitting some drawers in.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Gus
        Administrator
        • Mar 2008
        • Traralgon. Vic

I hear you Rec Retail is $575 for the DS40 but considering the better standard slides are upwards of $375 & cheaper ones start at around $199.

The benefit is worth the dollars in my book..
        Forget my back too as you say the draw system in a Paj works better for storage as well as using the under floor storage.. So the Drop Down is the only way to go.

But what won me was I can sit down & relax while my wife can easily crab me another can... ouch! I mean my wife can see what she's doing & loves it

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• amr75wcr
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Sunny Coast

Have to agree Gus even my teenage daughter can use it. It was a tight squeeze into the PB but after hours of frustration trying to build one I decided bugger it and scored one at the right price.
          It's in the back there somewhere

Wayne
          Last edited by amr75wcr; 30-10-13, 09:43 PM.
          04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

G'day Wayne great picture mate.. I can make out the Blue Anodised aluminium in the back.. I have heard a whisper they have a great accessory for around the fridge with pockets I'll keep you informed..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• amr75wcr
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Sunny Coast

Thanks Gus, here is a better shot then (of the slide at least)

Wayne
              04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• 4wdvet
                • Feb 2013
                • Perth

We were equally impressed with the MSA DS60. We have a 90l evakool fridge freezer. We fitted a solid plywood base so we could add some more mounting points to tie the freezer down for our trip down the canning stock route. There's no way we would have been able to take the freezer in the Pajero without it. Worked well the whole trip. Had to dismantle the whole thing to get all the bulldust out when we got home. Very happy with it.
                Attached Files
                2012 NW Pajero platinum. ARB deluxe bar, Warn winch, bilstein shock absorbers, Lovell springs, Bushskinz underbody armour, factory towbar, Uniden 7760 UHF radio, dual batteries (Thumper) aftermarket reversing sensors, Rhinorack Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks, The Wetseat neoprene seat covers (front & rear), LRA aux fuel tank, 70L water tank.

Comment

• Gus
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
                  Thanks Gus, here is a better shot then (of the slide at least)
                  Wayne
                  Gee it did just squeeze in mate.. another great pic too..

Originally posted by 4wdvet View Post
                  We were equally impressed with the MSA DS60. We have a 90l evakool fridge freezer....
                  Great stuff 4wdvet.. That red dust tends to get in no matter how well the seals are hey!

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• NJ94
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2009
                    • Melbourne East

Has anyone done one of these for the Triton ute with a tub liner? Any help would be appreciated
                    "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

• Gus
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2008
                      • Traralgon. Vic

If no one gets back I'll ask the question via Creighton's..

I take it your meaning mounted on the floor & will the reach clear Tailgate for dropping? Otherwise all you'd need to do is mount on raised floor & let it drop down to just above the tailgate.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• HSV Rangie
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • Hastings

I have to agree they are great thing but exy as.

one of the more useful items fitted inside my car.

Michael.
                        2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• grhyso
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Perth

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                          If no one gets back I'll ask the question via Creighton's..

I take it your meaning mounted on the floor & will the reach clear Tailgate for dropping? Otherwise all you'd need to do is mount on raised floor & let it drop down to just above the tailgate.

Gus.
                          Maybe he wants to know if mounted on drawers will it contact the tailgate when lowered?
                          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Gus
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2008
                            • Traralgon. Vic

He may well

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• stevemc181
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2012
                              • Thornlie/Perth

Hi Gus,

I know I have asked this before but can't find the thread or remember the answers:

I am mounting a DS-40 drop slide shortly with the FB1 load barrier around it, and am thinking of mounting it on the right side. I know some answers were advising to mount on the left, but can't remember why this was so?

I have an engel 38 litre eclipse that can be set to open from either side and am thinking having it on the right side is a better idea. I have my water tank tap etc on the left so am thinking if the fridge is dropped and on the right side, then I have clear access to the tap and load space on the left without having to squeeze between the fridge and door.

Any particular reason for mounting on the left side?

Cheers,
                              Steve
                              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X