Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Location of fuse - rear 12v power socket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aicher
    • Oct 2010
    • Keilor

Location of fuse - rear 12v power socket.

Does anyone know where the fuse is for the rear power socket??
  • jimsiron
    • Feb 2010
    • Mildura, gateway to the outback

Did you look in the manual that is in the glove box?
    2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• Lance
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Melbourne

I tried there when I blew one for the front cig lighter.

No fuses in the manual that is in the glove box I'm afraid, just pages of stuff........

sorry
      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Cairns

If the Challenger is anything like the Pajero, there is a fusible link on the back of the cargo compartment power outlet.
        Once this fusible link blows, the power outlet itself is a bin job.
        The good news is, that if the Challenger does indeed also have a fusible link on the rear of the outlet like the Paj, the whole socket assy is easily replaced with a generic style outlet as available from all auto parts shops.
        If you can get access to remove the electrical connector off the back of the outlet, stick a multimeter across the terminals of the loom connector and see if you have 12V there when the ignition is in the 'ACC' or 'ON' position.
        Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• onallfour
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2010
          • Camden, Sydney

Pajeros also have a fuse in the fuse box located in engine bay. When this fuse went on my pajero it was easy to find as it was blown and your car may be similar
          Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• cate03
            • Jun 2010
            • Sydney

It is a 15amp fuse (blue) marked accessories on the fuse panel (under steering column), look in your book it is there. 3rd fuse down on left 2nd row. It is also the same fuse for the Centre Console Box 12V Outlet.

Thanks to Jimsiron - previous posts

Regards,
            Carl

Comment

• aicher
              • Oct 2010
              • Keilor

Thanks all - I think the problem might be the fusible link as mentioned by Aussie Dan as all else seems to be fine.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

If the others work, then yep, fusible link for sure. Its going to cost you a packet for oem or you can just repair it like I did to mine.....

Although this is an old post and Pajero related, I'm sure you'll get some benefit from reading it.

Shane.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• aicher
                  • Oct 2010
                  • Keilor

Thanks Sharkcaver

There is a panel that lets me (with a squeeze) get my hand in to the back of the socket - if I can work out how to remove it I will replace it with something else.

Comment

• BigBloke65
                    • Aug 2010
                    • SA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                    If the others work, then yep, fusible link for sure. Its going to cost you a packet for oem
                    Shane.
                    On a new car, wouldn't this be a warranty fix? My rear 12 V stopped working a few months back while the front's still working. Glad to know now what it is.
                    PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

worth a try, but my guess will be the dealer will say you over loaded it so here's the bill.
                      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• BigBloke65
                        • Aug 2010
                        • SA

Just an update on this thread. With the help of proper electrician mate, the socket was removed from the plastic trim (there's room for a proper toolbox behind it!) and found the fusible link. It's a tiny thing on the back of the socket. The link was still intact and the fault we found was the connector plug itself. The 12 volt socket connectors that go in there were a bit on the loose side. So that explained the intermittent performance of that socket.

In the end, we cut the wires and fixed up a new double 12 volt socket and double USB plugs, each with their own fuses in the box itself. So if the rear blows, the front won't and the fuses are easily replaced without ripping out half the car.

Here are a few pics FLTR"

- back of OEM socket with fusible link
                        - dodgy connector
                        - new contacts
                        - new box!
                        - new box from outside-in
                        Attached Files
                        PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• rgb
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Horsham

In my 2019 nx there is a 25 watt fuse position 8 in the fuse box under the bonnet marked accessory socket in the hand book. There is also a fusible link on the back of the socket which to get to you have to remove the rear panels. The connections on the back of the socket Are not great either. I am putting in extra sockets in the back and blew the fuse. I will post about how I put the sockets in when I am finished

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X