• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian Johnston
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Mount Gambier, SA

Torque convertor lockup

Does anyone know if MMA has a program to keep the torque convertor locked longer in the 5 speed NP etc autos?
    I only have to breath on the gas pedal of my NP DID and it unlocks.
    Very anoying. or do they all work like that?
    2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
    Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
    2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine
  • GOBO
    • Jun 2007
    • Melbourne Aust

I have a similar problem with my 05 NP DID Auto.
    If I tow a 6 X 4 box steel trailer with stuff all in it then the lock up will only occur downhill or maybe on the flat with a tailwind.
    The drop out seems to have something to do with the Turbo Boost.
    If I tow anything heavier (ie 2 tonnes) I tow in 4th.
    I have had a couple of of Ford V8's and you had to select the Auto in sport to get it to unlock.
    I have spoken to Mitzs service people and they say there is nothing wrong with the lockup.
    I think it has a lot to do with the programming of the computer for petrol or diesel engines.
    Regards
    GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

• Pathy
      • Aug 2007
      • Wondai QLD

Search on the NP section, there is heaps of discussion about this. One of the things that keeps coming up is the use of non std size tyres eg: 265/75/16 instead of 265/70/16. But saying that I have std size tyres on mine and it still unlocks very quick.
      Marc
      1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

• Ian Johnston
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2010
        • Mount Gambier, SA

I have now gone up a tyre size, but no difference than before with standard size.
        2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
        Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
        2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• mrbitchi
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Brisbane

Some are good, some are bad. Mine will lockup at 60kph and hold it quite well.
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Pathy
            • Aug 2007
            • Wondai QLD

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
            Some are good, some are bad. Mine will lockup at 60kph and hold it quite well.
            Mine doesn't even do that at 100kph.
            Marc
            1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

• mrbitchi
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Brisbane

Cheers, John.
              LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
              Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Pathy
                • Aug 2007
                • Wondai QLD

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
                I have heard that this is more of a problem with the diesel than the petrol.
                Marc

Comment

• marquis
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Newcastle

It locks at 120kph - if you can do that speed...
                  --
                  Marquis
                  SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X