• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • najonesey
    • Aug 2020
    • Dover Heights

DPF Issues...the ongoing saga

Hi there,

I'm looking for a reputable mechanic in the Sydney area with experience dealing with the old DPF filters.

To come context; I recently had the filter replaced by another mechanic along with the fuel Injectors, oil change etc. which was thought to be the root cause. After a forced regen the light disappeared and the car was running nicely but returned a few weeks later. Mechanic reviewed again and couldn't find any codes and has basically just given up. The new filter was checked and appears well but I'm at a total loss as to why the light keeps coming on.

Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

Sorry to hear your problems mate. What vehicle is it? Members on here may also have some suggestions on what is going on.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Brownie
      • Nov 2008
      • Brisbane

Do you absolutely know that low ash oil was used in your oil change. If low ash oil was not used, then a dpf light would appear after a couple of weeks which does match your symptoms.
      Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
      Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X