X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PerthPajNewbie
    • Jul 2020
    • Perth

Rusty1, probably a dumb question, but did you have to use a Mito-02 for this? I'm looking at getting a Pioneer MVHZ5050BT for my 2010 Paj Exceed with Fosgate. I'm not as quick as you guys with getting my head around the wiring stuff, but just trying to sort out what I need before giving it a crack with a mate who knows more than me.

Also, if you did get a Mito-02, where did you get it from? All suppliers mentioned in this thread don't have it available.

Cheers

Comment

• Marky74
      • Jul 2020
      • South Australia

I popped into my local Autobarn at lunchtime today, and inquired about whats needed to upgrade the stereo with the Rockford system. The parts required are a new fascia ($169.00), New steering harness ($229.00), Stereo harness adapter ($22.00) and the camera harness ($75.00). total cost $495.00.
      As for the stereo, I was looking at the Sony XAVAX1000 on offer for $449.00

So all up, looking at $944.00 to upgrade, and according to the tech at Autobarn its all plug and play.....hmmm
      2011 NT Pajero Platinum, nudge bar, catch can, EGR Delete, RedArc Towpro Elite

Comment

• paceman
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2018
        • Mackay

Originally posted by Marky74 View Post
        I popped into my local Autobarn at lunchtime today, and inquired about whats needed to upgrade the stereo with the Rockford system. The parts required are a new fascia ($169.00), New steering harness ($229.00), Stereo harness adapter ($22.00) and the camera harness ($75.00). total cost $495.00.
        As for the stereo, I was looking at the Sony XAVAX1000 on offer for $449.00

So all up, looking at $944.00 to upgrade, and according to the tech at Autobarn its all plug and play.....hmmm

Did they give you part numbers for the harnesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• Marky74
          • Jul 2020
          • South Australia

Unfortunately no, but i can pop back tomorrow and ask for the part numbers, shouldn't be an issue!
          2011 NT Pajero Platinum, nudge bar, catch can, EGR Delete, RedArc Towpro Elite

Comment

• abstruseness
            • Oct 2012
            • Northern Beaches, Sydney

This should give an idea of what is required.

Absolute minimum requirements would be the Facia and mito.
            The other harnesses just make it plug and play. Ie. no soldering, etc

Cheers,
            Tim
            NT MY11 30yr, Auto

Comment

• Rusty1
              • Jun 2015
              • Rous NSW

Originally posted by PerthPajNewbie View Post
              Rusty1, probably a dumb question, but did you have to use a Mito-02 for this? I'm looking at getting a Pioneer MVHZ5050BT for my 2010 Paj Exceed with Fosgate. I'm not as quick as you guys with getting my head around the wiring stuff, but just trying to sort out what I need before giving it a crack with a mate who knows more than me.

Also, if you did get a Mito-02, where did you get it from? All suppliers mentioned in this thread don't have it available.

Cheers
              Hi perthpaj, yep did use a Mito-02. Got it and all the harnesses needed from Autobahn. They were very helpful with the tech advice also.
              2011 NT Platinum, SPV egr mod, ARB Sahara bar, ARB Intensity lights, Redarc DC/DC40, Redarc Tow-Pro elite, Clearview mirrors, Uniden 8020, Pioneer AVZ-H5050BT, ARK pac 715 with 100a/hr agm, Evakool fridg, Hema HX1, Steinbauer module, M&M Lockup Mate and more.

Comment

• ssbob
                • Jan 2014
                • victoria

Originally posted by PerthPajNewbie View Post

Cheers
                Do you have the DVD player in the roof? I have been looking to replace my head unit with an Apple carplay unit but have not read of anyone doing it in an Exceed with the DVD player and screen addition.

Has anyone done it and can explain how to intergrate it as I still have small children who love watching movies on the drive.....
                Thanks

Comment

• Silver_surfer
                  • Oct 2014
                  • Sydney

Happy fitment of new Kenwood Head Unit

Seen a few postings on the forum which were a great guide. Today had my MMCS replaced (still works perfectly). Needed to bring my system up to current day standards. I went for the Kenwood DMX820WS this does not require a new facia as it is the same width as the unit coming out 200mm. So it looks good as a replacement and have the part number for the harness to retain all the bits as below. I paid for an installer to come and do it ($300), as I wanted it done right. The camera is wired to the new unit (this was not done using the harness), SWC all working, new phone audio for calls is a 1000X better, Android Auto and Car Play working perfectly, radio is good. Looks great.

Harness is from Axxess and is called the AXTO-MI2

Also nothing required to retain the DVD roof player as it has its own power and all I want is the headphones. If I hear another kids movie while driving I may just steer off the road, so I have kept it but headphones only.

Anyway just wanted to share with the forum.

Comment

• DanMelSA
                    • Jan 2009

Silver-Sufer, thanks for the input.
                    Which model was your install, did it have the rockford sound setup ?

Comment

• Silver_surfer
                      • Oct 2014
                      • Sydney

Happy fitment of new Kenwood Head Unit

Originally posted by DanMelSA View Post
                      Silver-Sufer, thanks for the input.
                      Which model was your install, did it have the rockford sound setup ?
                      2009/2010 NT Rockford Fosgate MMCS. So yes it did have the full rockford setup as it is the Exceed.

Comment

• nidstein
                        • Dec 2016
                        • Hunter Valley

Wiring

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                        My Pioneer unit (double DIN) went in with just the basic adaptor (for the speakers and power etc.)
                        I did not really need an adaptor but used one so if I put the stock head unit back in I can. (I.e. it kept wire cutting to an absolute minimum)

With Pioneer no need for any module or interface for steering wheel controls.
                        Just the 2 wires coming from the steering wheel connected to the unit.
                        Unit 'learns' what buttons do what. (interestingly only all buttons worked when I selected 'Korean vehicle' from the choice of Japanese and Korean)

Total cost for adaptors $20

Probably best to bypass all of the factory amps etc. anyway (I didn't have Rockford unit just base model) as an aftermarket unit is probably better anyway.

Also was a $0 cost to integrate the factory rear reversing camera.

Hey Keithy,

Just wondering if you recall the wiring? I connected the steering wheel controls to my Pioneer unit and was getting resistance to the unit but it isn't working, I connected the ground for the controls to one from the harness which only had a few ohms resistance to the chassis - not sure if this is the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Comment

• nidstein
                          • Dec 2016
                          • Hunter Valley

Originally posted by Silver_surfer View Post
                          Seen a few postings on the forum which were a great guide. Today had my MMCS replaced (still works perfectly). Needed to bring my system up to current day standards. I went for the Kenwood DMX820WS this does not require a new facia as it is the same width as the unit coming out 200mm. So it looks good as a replacement and have the part number for the harness to retain all the bits as below. I paid for an installer to come and do it ($300), as I wanted it done right. The camera is wired to the new unit (this was not done using the harness), SWC all working, new phone audio for calls is a 1000X better, Android Auto and Car Play working perfectly, radio is good. Looks great.

Also nothing required to retain the DVD roof player as it has its own power and all I want is the headphones. If I hear another kids movie while driving I may just steer off the road, so I have kept it but headphones only.

Hey Silver Surfer, do you know if he used an adapter for the steering wheel controls or if he wired it direct to the unit? I have just installed a Pioneer unit without adapter which the unit is meant to be able to do but it is not working, waiting for Pioneer to come back to me but just interested to see if they can work without an adapter.

Cheers

Comment

• bennyb29
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • Brisbane

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I am interested in the same, and wanted to check the cost of the HU, and the harness, plz.
                            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• DanMelSA
                              • Jan 2009

2009/2010 NT Rockford Fosgate MMCS. So yes it did have the full rockford setup as it is the Exceed.
                              Thanks, same car as mine

Comment

• Keithyv
                                Valued Member
                                • May 2018
                                • Perth

Originally posted by nidstein View Post
                                Hey Keithy,

Just wondering if you recall the wiring? I connected the steering wheel controls to my Pioneer unit and was getting resistance to the unit but it isn't working, I connected the ground for the controls to one from the harness which only had a few ohms resistance to the chassis - not sure if this is the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Nick
                                Yes the Steering wheel control wires (SWC) are on pins 22 & 32 in the 20 pin connector D209
                                They are Red/white wire and White-black wire.

I connected those 2 wires to the Pioneer unit SWC input (the 3.5mm plug) and selected 'Without interface' and used 'Korean vehicle' from the choice (you can choose Korean or Japanese)

Not sure of the difference but if I chose Japanese some of the buttons did not work.

Pretty sure the 2 wires above were not pinned out on the ISO adaptor I bought - I literally had to tap into them and get them to the Pioneer unit separately as mentioned.

Resistances at those 2 wires should be as per picture
                                Attached Files
                                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X