• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Hilux and Prado dust problems

Interesting article on the new 2.8L Toyota engines failing to exclude dust.

In part it reads......

The new-tech 2.8L 1GD-FTV is the engine utilised across the current HiLux, Fortuner and Prado models after Toyota phased out the 3.0L 1KD-FTV, which itself is beginning to turn up many issues relating to injectors causing engine failure.
    Specifically for the new-tech 1GD-FTV, Toyota Australia has admitted there is a design flaw in the air-inlet system that allows dust past the air filter, which in turn corrupt the sensor readings within the mass air flow sensor.

Full article here.....

2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.
  • spiderpig
    • Jan 2008

Take those rose coloured glasses off toyota drivers....

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

we lost faith in Toyota many yrs ago after traveling through Aus over a span of 2 yrs with a friend and seeing x2 of his Hilux motor's implode due to injector failure ... and guess what neither was covered as were out of warranty ...

not good enough Toyota ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Peterng
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2013
        • Northern Rivers NSW

I have been on the road for about 2weeks and I have seen on seperate occasions..over 3days..1 late model HiLux covered in dust on the back of a semi, went over to inspect it..damn a puddle of fresh oil under the front. Then in Dubbo, another late model Prado on the back of a bdouble trailer with oil over its windscreen and connected to a Tvan..so there was a holiday ruined!!
        Nice Tvan though..probably will have to sell the Tvan to get the Prado fixed..Bugga.
        Knock on wood..
        My Paj is still going strong even after the Fuel Filter Holder issue..
        So I’m lucky..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X