• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

after a little more research (reading workshop manual)
    - coolant mix states 30%-60%

-RADIATOR CAP VALVE OPENING PRESSURE CHECK

note Be sure that the cap is clean before testing. Rust or other foreign material on the cap seal will cause an improper reading.
    Use a cap adapter to attach the cap to the tester.
    2.Increase the pressure until the indicator of the gauge stops moving.

Limit: Minimum 84 kPa
    Standard value: 94 - 122 kPa = 13.63lb psi - 17.694 lb psi
    (so cap was probably 17 lb psi) others can remove cap (when safe to do so) and check if it has a rating on it.
    *** so going up 3 lb psi will increase the boiling temp. approx. 6 Deg C in temp.*** (to 135 Deg C)

3.Replace the radiator cap if the reading does not remain at or above the limit.

N.B just had a look on ebay and supercheap ... ratings for tritons/challenger raditor cap are around the 13 psi / 90 kpa

*** Beware the ratings on the radiator cap *** ( unless 20lb psi / 137.895 kpa )

.................................................. ...............................

.................................................. ..............
    Last edited by littleriver; 20-10-14, 12:37 PM.
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Toddyh
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
      BTW from what I've heard it's not a recall, it's a service campaign.
      Text I received from Mitsubishi:
      Notice: Safety recall 020116 due on your triton. Please call blah blah to make a booking.

Not saying your wrong about it being a service campaign but it's easy to see where the confusion has come from if that is the case.
      2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• Stoneman
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2012
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
        Notice: Safety recall 020116 due on your triton. Please call blah blah to make a booking.

Not saying your wrong about it being a service campaign but it's easy to see where the confusion has come from if that is the case.
        Yep mine says a recall

I think a service campaign is exactly that a service campaign

and a recall is a recall
        NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Stoneman
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2012
          • Melbourne

There is more to this

My wife has just gotten off the phone and the one thing they also state is the ecu will be reprogrammed to warn of low coolant quicker!

I wonder if it will fix my air con during summer?

They want to test it for a day to see if it will have problems down the track

But the problem will be addressed down the track if it happens???????

Im confused!

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
            There is more to this
            I wonder if it will fix my air con during summer?
            when was your pollen airconditioning cabin filter last changed ?
            -as a blocked filter can reduce efficiency

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Stoneman
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2012
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
              when was your pollen airconditioning cabin filter last changed ?
              -as a blocked filter can reduce efficiency

yeah, I don't think the triton has one?

And its been in last summer as the air con is nothing to be impressed with even being a single cab and was just told its fine cant fault it.....but I know its not!

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                yeah, I don't think the triton has one?

And its been in last summer as the air con is nothing to be impressed with even being a single cab and was just told its fine cant fault it.....but I know its not!
                I think you'll find it has one ... just remove the glove box and there is plastic shroud with a few screws and plastic grommet, bit tricky to remove as you will see in the video clip below and then should be 2 screws holding on a plate ...

Interchangeable withCUK2231, CAC-1006, MZ690361, RCA206C, WACF0142. Mitsubishi Triton 2.4L 2007-on ML/MN. Mitsubishi Triton 2.5L TD 2008-on ML/MN/MQ Common-Rail Turbo Diesel. Mitsubishi Triton 3.2L TD 2006-2009 ML.

Sorry I can't find an english version on youtube ... just mute it if it bothers you

เปลี่ยนกรองแอร์ในรถยนต์ มิตซู ไทรทัน สนใจติดต่อ สอบถาม สั่งซื้อได้ที่ 089-2582493 NY-ServiceLine ID : @nyservicewww.ny-service.com

Last edited by littleriver; 20-10-14, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Stoneman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                  I think you'll find it has one ... just remove the glove box and there is plastic shroud with a few screws and plastic grommet, bit tricky to remove as you will see in the video clip below and then should be 2 screws holding on a plate ...

Interchangeable withCUK2231, CAC-1006, MZ690361, RCA206C, WACF0142. Mitsubishi Triton 2.4L 2007-on ML/MN. Mitsubishi Triton 2.5L TD 2008-on ML/MN/MQ Common-Rail Turbo Diesel. Mitsubishi Triton 3.2L TD 2006-2009 ML.

Sorry I can't find an english version on youtube ... just mute it if it bothers you

เปลี่ยนกรองแอร์ในรถยนต์ มิตซู ไทรทัน สนใจติดต่อ สอบถาม สั่งซื้อได้ที่ 089-2582493 NY-ServiceLine ID : @nyservicewww.ny-service.com

Thanks for that I will check it out on the weekend but I doubt that is the problem its been crap since new

My wife has again spoken to a dealer and the test will be heating the engine up to temp in the work shop with no load and than checking water level after it has cooled

I cant understand how they are testing anything.......all smoke and mirrors

if you cant get a straight answer there is a good chance its rubbish!

Comment

• Giddyup
                    • Oct 2013
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post

The message also says you have a triton, if you want to believe everything you get sent by the dealer.

Would thought if it was a recall that it has to be published on the gov website.

Mitsubishi bulletin 020116 is what you are looking at. I'd guess the dealer added recall to the sms so people pay attention to it.
                    MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• Toddyh
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
                      The message also says you have a triton, if you want to believe everything you get sent by the dealer.

Would thought if it was a recall that it has to be published on the gov website.

Mitsubishi bulletin 020116 is what you are looking at. I'd guess the dealer added recall to the sms so people pay attention to it.
                      Possible. I'm now hearing it will be announced as a recall next week. Who knows what the truth is at this point.
                      2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• NFT5
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Canberra

It's not a full blown recall. Information I have from a contact who is involved is that they are asking customers who may have engines affected by this porosity problem to bring them in for testing. Both Tritons and Challengers are involved.

Amongst other things the vehicles are fitted with a replacement radiator cap of much higher pressure rating. The intent is to force a failure so that the affected engines can be identified quickly and corrective action taken. What they are doing will in some cases force the failure during the testing process and if not identified there could well happen very soon after.

In my opinion this type of positive action is to be applauded. The engines affected will be fixed/replaced under warranty and not left out there to garner a reputation like the Nissan 3.0 litre or the Kia 2.7.

If you've been contacted by your dealer then the best thing is to get it in to them and let them run their tests.
                        Chris

Comment

• spot01
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Adelaide

I hope they tell each customer concerned that their vehicle may break down and not to leave the city limits! So much for being able to rely on your vehicle in remote areas or long trips. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 4WD.........

Surely they could develop a better way of diagnosing faulty engines than simply increasing the stresses on it to see if it blows up when the customer is driving it! If the engines are that bad, perhaps they should replace them all?
                          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Tommie
                            • Aug 2014
                            • Urraween

I have just returned from. 3500km return trip,with no problems in our 2 month old Challenger,,but to day,I noticed a lot of overflow from the radiator,,after a 5 minute trip to the local shop,

Comment

• 02-SR5
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Toowoomba

Is this with all vehicles?

I'm coming up to 70k now and I have never had an over heating (touching wood) problem.

I tow my camper up Toowoomba range too on a regular basis.
                              MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• littleriver
                                Valued Member
                                • Jan 2013
                                • Queensland

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                                It's not a full blown recall. Information I have from a contact who is involved is that they are asking customers who may have engines affected by this porosity problem to bring them in for testing.
                                Can you please explain in layman's terms what you mean by "Porosity Problem"

I think the members would appreciate your explanation of the problem facing certain vehicles affected, as would I.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X