• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MuddyNL
    • Jan 2020
    • Melbourne

EGR blank

While replacing my valve cover gasket, I've seen my EGR has been removed completely, but not blocked off. I was under the impression that to remove it to get the performance gains, it needs to be blocked off otherwise they will cause low compression?
    Anyone done this and got any answers? Cheers
    1999 Pajero 3.5 unleaded NL, w/ ARB bullbar, A/T tires, 5% tint. thats all I need
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

The EGR on a petrol engine is different to that on the diesels, where most of the discussion takes place here. I don't recall there being an EGR on my NL 3.5 L engine. With petrol engines, the EGR is used to assist in speeding up engine warming. With diesels, it was used for pollution reasons.

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

Aussie and jdm models for nl have no egr it is blanked from factory
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• MuddyNL
        • Jan 2020
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by erad View Post
        The EGR on a petrol engine is different to that on the diesels, where most of the discussion takes place here. I don't recall there being an EGR on my NL 3.5 L engine. With petrol engines, the EGR is used to assist in speeding up engine warming. With diesels, it was used for pollution reasons.

Ive seen later versions of the 6g74 with an EGR, and mine doesnt have a blank just bare bolt holes, and a hole for the egr, but i havnt notived any overly rough idle so i suppose its okay.
        1999 Pajero 3.5 unleaded NL, w/ ARB bullbar, A/T tires, 5% tint. thats all I need

Comment

• MuddyNL
          • Jan 2020
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
          Aussie and jdm models for nl have no egr it is blanked from factory
          Ive seen later models of the 6g74 with egrs so i thought the nls should. Do you know if there should be a covering over it? Or is blocked out inside from factory? Mine has nothing

Comment

• stumagoo
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2014
            • Perth WA S.O.R

mine have blanks as do the NM 3.5's I believe the dohc may have an egr fitted but not 100% certain on that)....

If you need a cover there will be a hole there without it ---
            1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
            1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

My Max Elery W/S manual states that the EGR valve is not used for engines other than the 3.8 l engine (except for Taiwan).SO I expect that a 3.8 engine here would have an EGR, but nothing else (petrol that is).

Comment

• stumagoo
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by erad View Post
                My Max Elery W/S manual states that the EGR valve is not used for engines other than the 3.8 l engine (except for Taiwan).SO I expect that a 3.8 engine here would have an EGR, but nothing else (petrol that is).

its my understanding the USA market NL's have EGR as do the GDI engines.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X