• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garc
    • May 2015
    • Perth

Seat belt hold back clips in rear

I recently broke one of the clips mounted to the wall in the rear compartment which holds the seat belt back when not being used. So I thought I'd replace it to stop the belt buckle from waving around.
    Not so easy! Getting the remainder off was a real pain. They are held on by 2 'push nuts' which are metal washers which push on to a plastic post on the clip. The nuts are tapered so they cant be pulled back - no idea why someone in MM decided that these needed to be the most securely mounted item in the interior. Check out the photo to see what these look like. You need to remove the rear door rubber strip and the panel holding bolts so that you can get your hand in there BUT you wont be able to get the nuts off. So I suggest you just destroy the old clip by cutting it off.
    I got replacement ones from Ebay - used from the UK (these are the ones in the pic).
    I cut off the metal push nuts with a Dremel wheel leaving the plastic post intact. I then just pushed them into the holes with a blob of Roof and Gutter Silicone as adhesive.
    Has worked perfectly so far.
    Attached Files
    Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

Meh, those little push on clips are easy.

You need a tool like one of these:

Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X