X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

I would be taking it to someone with a proper scan tool that can display live target and actual fuel pressure. If the pressure is varying any more than 300-400 psi then you could have a SCV issue.

Benny
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• PT75
      • Sep 2017
      • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
      I would be taking it to someone with a proper scan tool that can display live target and actual fuel pressure. If the pressure is varying any more than 300-400 psi then you could have a SCV issue.

Benny
      Thanks Benny. I have taken it to two places. One guy I know which makes it more sad. First guy said he’ll scan it then last minute changed his mind and said car is under warranty. Don’t want to touch it. Like wtf?
      The guy I know said that his scanner won’t show anything different to what Mitsi’s scanner would show. So he said he’ll have to check every thing which would cost me close to $2k?
      I can’t believe the shit I was hearing. I’m happy to pay to get a proper scan but not be fed a load of crap. I’m so frustrated now it’s not funny.

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Wow. Seem to be getting the short straw. Your location reads as House where is that?

You can buy obdII bluetooth dongles that plugin to the obdII port and connect to a Android phone via Bluetooth than with torque pro, and whilst can't do everything's a MUT3 can, it can read a whole lot of data and error messages off the vehicle. It can also clear some codes. It can read live data and also capture data to give historical informano as well
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• NTBenny
          • May 2017
          • Newcastle

A mechanic with the latest Snap-on scan tool should be able to look at fuel pressure etc. Here is the data available from my NT for example.

Benny.
          Last edited by NTBenny; 13-03-20, 01:45 PM.
          2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

PT75 is in Melbourne.

Car is still under warranty so this is MMAL's responsibility to investigate and fix, under consumer law.

The Dealer is obviously trying to do a shonky on PT75.

I would be politely posting my frustration and disappointment with the response I was getting (not naming the dealer) from the dealer and asking for MMAL's assistance so you can "love that car" on MMAL's facebook page.
            Mitsubishi Motors Australia. 150,618 likes · 1,164 talking about this. Welcome to the Official Mitsubishi Motors Australia Facebook page. This is the perfect place to share your passion, stories and...

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• PT75
              • Sep 2017
              • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by craka View Post
              Wow. Seem to be getting the short straw. Your location reads as House where is that?

You can buy obdII bluetooth dongles that plugin to the obdII port and connect to a Android phone via Bluetooth than with torque pro, and whilst can't do everything's a MUT3 can, it can read a whole lot of data and error messages off the vehicle. It can also clear some codes. It can read live data and also capture data to give historical informano as well
              Sorry Craka. I changed my location. My name is Phil by the way.

In terms of scanning, I have no codes on the dash. It’s just running like crap.
              I could possibly look into what you mention in the near future. Cheers

Comment

• PT75
                • Sep 2017
                • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
                A mechanic with the latest Snap-on scan tool should be able to look at fuel pressure etc. Here is the data available from my NT for example.

Benny.
                Cheers Benny. I think that’s what one of the mechanics has , but yeah obviously I’m not worth their time.

Comment

• PT75
                  • Sep 2017
                  • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                  PT75 is in Melbourne.

Car is still under warranty so this is MMAL's responsibility to investigate and fix, under consumer law.

The Dealer is obviously trying to do a shonky on PT75.

I would be politely posting my frustration and disappointment with the response I was getting (not naming the dealer) from the dealer and asking for MMAL's assistance so you can "love that car" on MMAL's facebook page.
                  Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

OJ.
                  Thanks OJ. I’m in Melbourne.
                  I will be taking the car back to the dealer on Wednesday. In their defence they have been more helpful than the other retards I’ve been to. But after the conversation I had with the advisor whilst booking the car in, I think it’s going to turn into a shit fight.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Greater Sydney

Mate it's under warranty. Don't stuff around with outside mechanics. Go to a different dealer and or contact Mitsubishi in Adelaide.

Comment

• PT75
                      • Sep 2017
                      • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Just a little history about the car and what’s been going on. Purchased the car from a Toyota dealer in NSW used with about 35.000kms on it. Drove nice. No issues. Got its 45k service at Frankston Mitsi. I chose to go there as that’s where I had purchased my first new car. An mn triton. After taking it to them the car ran like crap. Also wanted rusted brackets in side steps changed under warranty.
                      So I rebooked it. They found nothing wrong with the car. I wanted to drive it with the foreman. They said no , he’ll drive it. He was driving it like he stole it and I told him that it’s not gonna run shit when your flooring it. Didn’t listen. Anyway they did an SQL. Car was running brand new. Apparently....
                      Drove it home and asked to speak to service manager. Explained the situation. Was told maybe I should go back to where I bought it from. Lol.
                      That’s when things turned ugly and I’m now banned from Frankston Mitsi. Not that I care.

So this issue has been going on for a while. The car has 62.000kms on it.
                      It was taken to another dealership closer to home at 59.000kms for its service and to have all my concerns looked at. Most warranty work was done. I was happy however again they couldn’t fault the car. SQL done and off I went.
                      I rebooked it after a week and asked to go for a drive with the foreman. This time I was allowed to drive. He observed and saw what I was talking about. I said someone really needs to think outside the square and not rely on a computer. I also mentioned everything it could be. He came back with, “as the car gets older it gets rough” lolololololol
                      So I’ve mentioned above what they did and what they found. But it’s done nothing. I think they just don’t want to spend the time looking at scv or egr valve or whatever else.
                      I will not be taking the car back to them for services either. They’re expensive and do stuff all. So I’m looking for a decent diesel mechanic for future services.
                      This is where I’m at. It’s frustrating me more than it should as my mental health isn’t good atm. So at times I feel I don’t have the energy to argue. Plus I really like my car.

Comment

• PT75
                        • Sep 2017
                        • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                        Mate it's under warranty. Don't stuff around with outside mechanics. Go to a different dealer and or contact Mitsubishi in Adelaide.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au...-us/contact-us
                        I know mate. Was just wanting a second opinion.

Comment

• Giddyup
                          • Oct 2013
                          • Melbourne

I'd be surprised if it was the scv at 45 000 km.
                          MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Greater Sydney

In 330,000 oddks we have had one SCV replaced.

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi PT75,

Does the engine only idle rough when the air con is a switched off or does it run rough when the air con is switched on?

What is the engine rpm when it is running rough?

What is the coolant temperature when the engine is running rough, cold? hot? or both?

Does the engine idle rough whe in park, neutral and drive or only when in drive?

OJ.
                              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• PT75
                                • Sep 2017
                                • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                                Hi PT75,

Does the engine only idle rough when the air con is a switched off or does it run rough when the air con is switched on?

What is the engine rpm when it is running rough?

What is the coolant temperature when the engine is running rough, cold? hot? or both?

Does the engine idle rough whe in park, neutral and drive or only when in drive?

OJ.
                                Hey OJ.

Engine runs tough all the time. Whether A/C is on or off. If it’s in park, or drive. Makes no difference. Nuetral it’s slightly better but not much.
                                I’ve been watching the revs but again normal. Doesn’t go up or down. Temp gauge is usually just before the middle which is normal I believe.
                                ItS not bad when I first start it but will get rough when engine reaches running temp or gets hotter.
                                I’ve driven it in 4h due ti roads being wet. It feels a little better when driving with 4h but still not as it should.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X