• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisall
    • Sep 2016
    • WA

Steering wheel cover

My steering wheel is getting a bit ratty around the rim and could do with replacement. Has anyone fitted / recommends a cover that fits and looks ok, or am I better off searching for a second-hand replacement?

Cheers
    2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Seven years ago, I bought a new Pajero and a new Outlander (Yes - I had too much money at the time). Both vehicles have leather steering wheel trim, and I was worried about my sweaty hands rotting the leather. So I bought at the hardware shop in Queen Vic Market Melbourne a leather steering wheel glove for each vehicle. The Pajero glove fits very well (like a glove!) but the Outlander one is a little bit loose. But at least the original leather binding on the wheel is still in A1 condition. Actually, I like the feel of the glove on the rim - it makes it even thicker than standard and when I drive a regular car, the rim feels too skinny.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

Originally posted by erad View Post
      Seven years ago, I bought a new Pajero and a new Outlander (Yes - I had too much money at the time). Both vehicles have leather steering wheel trim, and I was worried about my sweaty hands rotting the leather. So I bought at the hardware shop in Queen Vic Market Melbourne a leather steering wheel glove for each vehicle. The Pajero glove fits very well (like a glove!) but the Outlander one is a little bit loose. But at least the original leather binding on the wheel is still in A1 condition. Actually, I like the feel of the glove on the rim - it makes it even thicker than standard and when I drive a regular car, the rim feels too skinny.

Occasionally I’ve wondered whether covering up the leather might make it dry out or crack from extreme lack of moisture over a number of years but apparently not after seven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X