• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john pajero
    • Dec 2016
    • melb

Diff life

Last week I sourced front and rear diffs from a petrol NM with 300K on the clock (4.3:1 ratio).
    The plan is to change out with my 3.9:1 diffs which also have 300K on them.

Aside from the shorter gear ratio, I gain an lsd for the rear. I am also thinking about a front locker.

The oil in the front diff was crystal clear. I haven't checked the rear.

What sort of lifespan is expected from these diffs front and rear? Also is there anything I should consider prior to fitment.
    Last edited by john pajero; 03-07-20, 05:51 PM.
    John

2006 NP 3.2DID Auto, Smart bar, Glind heat exchange shower system, Boos bash plates, Redarc towpro elite, Custom roof rack, Ebay snorkel, winch, Kings awning, Old school uniden UHF, diff breathers, Custom sliders, Middle exhaust delete, Custom quick remove rear shelf.
  • El_Freddo
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2018
    • Bridgewater, Vic

I don’t think diff longevity is an issue if you keep the oil in them. They look like solid units and from what I can tell during my short time being into Pajeros, it looks like Mitsubishi didn’t see any reason to change the diff design so they must be good for a longer time.

Only maintenance I would do other than the diff oil is renewing the seals on the driveshaft outputs. And check over your drive shafts - good time to replace the CV boots if needed or for preventative maintenance.

Cheers

Bennie
    2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• john pajero
      • Dec 2016
      • melb

Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
      I don’t think diff longevity is an issue if you keep the oil in them. They look like solid units and from what I can tell during my short time being into Pajeros, it looks like Mitsubishi didn’t see any reason to change the diff design so they must be good for a longer time.

Only maintenance I would do other than the diff oil is renewing the seals on the driveshaft outputs. And check over your drive shafts - good time to replace the CV boots if needed or for preventative maintenance.

Cheers

Bennie
      Thanks for your advice Bennie, replacing the seals would be a good idea.
      John

2006 NP 3.2DID Auto, Smart bar, Glind heat exchange shower system, Boos bash plates, Redarc towpro elite, Custom roof rack, Ebay snorkel, winch, Kings awning, Old school uniden UHF, diff breathers, Custom sliders, Middle exhaust delete, Custom quick remove rear shelf.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X