• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonesy3000
    • Jul 2016
    • Sale, Victoria

NL Snorkel Options

Hello all,

I'm having a terrible time in finding a snorkel for my narrow body (with flares) 1999 NL Escape 3.5L petrol, and was wondering if anyone has found any good value ones that fit well?

All I can find are for the wide body NLs and won't fit mine.

I noticed that snorkels for NH, NJ and NK all look as though they'd fit well, but know that the air intake is set out quite differently, has anyone had any experience in fitting one of those to the NL?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

You can pretty much make up your own adapter with a bit of flexible pipe (like the sort you see on pool cleaning machines) and a couple of hose clamps.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• my.paj
      • Dec 2010
      • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Jonesy3000 View Post
      Hello all,

I'm having a terrible time in finding a snorkel for my narrow body (with flares) 1999 NL Escape 3.5L petrol, and was wondering if anyone has found any good value ones that fit well?

All I can find are for the wide body NLs and won't fit mine.

I noticed that snorkels for NH, NJ and NK all look as though they'd fit well, but know that the air intake is set out quite differently, has anyone had any experience in fitting one of those to the NL?

Thanks in advance for any help!
      I dont know this guy but it was the first one on ebay
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
      New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

ANy of the gen 2 snorkels in this link will do it, they suit all gen 2 except blister side NL's
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Jonesy3000
          • Jul 2016
          • Sale, Victoria

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
          ANy of the gen 2 snorkels in this link will do it, they suit all gen 2 except blister side NL's
          https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...orkel&_sacat=0
          I ended up going for this one out of that search: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281813882919
          They'd sold 150 of them and had pretty decent feedback so I thought it cant be too bad, and I had a 20% off voucher to use up!

Alex86 I'll have to see what it needs when it turns up but that shouldn't be to hard!

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X