• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rich67
    • Nov 2012
    • Golden Bay WA

What shocks?

I am thinking of changing my shocks as the ones that are fitted, Pedders 4wd gas ryders, feel quite stiff and don't give a very smooth ride on the black stuff or corrugations. Any recommendations? I don't have any lift that I can tell of, I do go off road but nothing extreme, mainly sand and easy dirt tracks. Thanks.
    1992 NH GLX V6 3000 5sp manual. Stock as a rock (at the moment anyway )
  • RedSector
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • Gippsland

If budget can afford them the rancho RS9000XL series shocks give you ability to select the shock level you need
    Pajero NJ 3.5 V45w DOHC Manual.

Mods- Snorkel, LCD Mirror w/ Reverse Day/Night Camera, Ultrasonic Reverse Distance, King Cobra Stereo, S/S Tube Sidesteps, SMD Interior / Exterior Lights, Floodlights, Removable 12'' Enclosed Subwoofer, Alarmed (microwave / tamper / GPS), custom Carbon Fibre Window surrounds, Chrome mirrors covers, Electronic Rust protector, Bullbar, Rev 1.3 lifters & valves, flexible s/s heater & radiator hoses, silcone vacuum hose, Orange Racing hose, 4Terrain HD clutch.

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

I have a set of MaxiTrac shocks fitted and I find them not too stiff and not too soft when combined with the stock (~21 year old) suspension.
      They suit our needs of black top, sand and mild off road/whatever comes our way.
      Can't comment on longevity yet as I haven't had them on long enough to know.
      Price was good and we got them from the local Repco shop
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• insaneearthling
        • Aug 2013
        • Melbourne

I swapped my old ones for Lovell's Gas Legends last year and have no complaints at all. Not as cheap as the eBay cheapies but not very pricey, big bore and the damping seems like its been tuned well for the Paj. Extended travel as well, 2" lift compatible. Think I paid $450 for all 4.
        1995 NJ GLS 2.8TD LWB

Comment

• LordMayhem
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2012
          • Brissy QLD

running blue pac off ebay good ride quality
          94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

• rich67
            • Nov 2012
            • Golden Bay WA

Originally posted by dhula View Post
            I have a set of MaxiTrac shocks fitted and I find them not too stiff and not too soft when combined with the stock (~21 year old) suspension.
            They suit our needs of black top, sand and mild off road/whatever comes our way.
            Can't comment on longevity yet as I haven't had them on long enough to know.
            Price was good and we got them from the local Repco shop
            Tried to send a PM. Have you received it?
            1992 NH GLX V6 3000 5sp manual. Stock as a rock (at the moment anyway )

Comment

• dhula
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • South of Perth

Yep, just responded about 5 mins ago.
              2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
              2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Extremeautomarine
                • Jun 2012
                • Adelaide

What ever you do, don't get tough dog...
                I have have them n my NL gls and the rear constantly hit the shaved bump stops... Great ride as they are super soft. I had to change the front torsions to dobinsons and I fitted air bags to the rear to stiffen things up... Worked a treat.
                www.extremeautomarine.com.au
                NL 3.5 Pajero, 33 inch federals, tough dog susp, 2 inch lift, airbags,evaKOOL fridge, inverter, solar panel, roof tent, roof lights, full audio system, 3 amps tv,DVD headrests UHF, JVC nav, mudmaps, r,camera,Bluetooth, light force pro series hid 70w aurora LED Bar, tri battery system, tigerz11 winch, foxwing,rebuilt engine, new exhaust, new alternator rewound, new radiator, new pulleys, new water pump, dual volt meters, led dash,
                Safari snorkel, dual fuel tanks

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

so what shocks would be best to use for a 2" body lift and torsion bars wound up on the front?
                  2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• Wooly Mammoth
                    • Oct 2012
                    • Hobart

a body lift wont effect the suspension as it all connects to the chassie
                    '95 NJ GLS LWB 3.0Lt Auto, 3" Body lift, Bocar Bar , 2 x 55W 7" HIDs , PRM 8030 UHF , Snorkel.

Comment

• Wooly Mammoth
                      • Oct 2012
                      • Hobart

Originally posted by RedSector View Post
                      If budget can afford them the rancho RS9000XL series shocks give you ability to select the shock level you need
                      Where did you get them from?

A body lift wont effect the suspension as it all connects to the chassie
                      '95 NJ GLS LWB 3.0Lt Auto, 3" Body lift, Bocar Bar , 2 x 55W 7" HIDs , PRM 8030 UHF , Snorkel.

Comment

• peejay68au
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • nsw

Originally posted by LordMayhem View Post
                        running blue pac off ebay good ride quality
                        Me too, very happy with them. $535 for 4 lovels springs and whatever shocks they do. Can't beat the price vs quality. Did candole yesterday was very happy how they performed.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

that doesn't answer my question as to which shocks are better suited to a lifted pajero.
                          2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• haggis
                            • Jun 2007

I have bilsteins on my NH. They have been brilliant so far. We are about to hit the Oodnadatta track this week, so that will test them, but the fact that many Motorsport teams use them all over the world has got to have something about them.

They fit with my Lowell's springs and cranked Torsion bars well for a 2 inch lift.
                            Hope this helps
                            Cheers
                            Haggis
                            Last edited by haggis; 15-09-13, 09:30 PM. Reason: Bloody auto correct
                            92 NH GLS Pirahna dual battery system, Lightforce Blitz240 hid spots, cibie spreads, Bilstiens each corner, Lovells rear coils, custom drawer system, ARB roofrack, side awning, ARB twin jerry holder, MSA drop slide, GME TX3440, custom wiring harness for second battery.

Comment

• Cormac
                              • Jul 2012
                              • Sydney

ive got gq spring in the rear, and have the torsion wound

have come across a set of tough dog - should i expect any problems ??
                              Cormac
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              1992 NH 3.0 Manual
                              few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
                              Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
                              Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X