• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • S.Mac
    • Nov 2008
    • Adelaide, SA

Outlander 7seater???

gday,
    currently have a late 07 Xtrail 2.5Petrol CVT Auto.

its generally a great vehicle, with loads of boot space etc.
    averages about 10.5L/100 which is ok.

Wanting to upgrade to a 7seater early 2012, so looking at Mitsies.

Outlander has a 7seater available which would be great, but whats the 2.4Petrol Auto like?
    also what are they like to tow with?
    what are they like in sand?

i do like the idea of a challenger / Paj, but the next car i buy will become the misses car after i have used it for work for a few years (taxable), so dont really need a bigger truck for her then.

I think it will come down to her test drving a few and see which one she likes.

If nissan made an Xtrail 7seater with its Diesel, i would be very tempted to get one
  • Benduro
    • Oct 2007

A diesel Outlander would make for a good vehicle.
    Surely it's on Mitsubishi's to do list

You may be surprised at how car like the Paj can be to drive, can't comment on the Challenger as I've never driven one but the size looks great.

Comment

• S.Mac
      • Nov 2008
      • Adelaide, SA

yeah, i keep coming back to the Pajie, also the fact that is has Low range, 2.5t + towing and a very nice diesel - makes them very appealing

i think its going to come down to test driving a few and see which one my misses prefers.

Comment

• markpeh
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2010
        • Lake Clarendon QLD

We had a 2009 manual outlander and thought it was brilliant!! I drove the auto and it good but I a manual guy (and it cheaper). The extra seats are very small, and IMO are ocassional use only. I dissapointed to have had to trade the outlander (my wife more so) but we needed a Pajero and couldnt keep both. I think they much better value than the xtrail/rav etc, and would recommend one.
        NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• werner
          • Jul 2008

Outlander

Had the 2.4 petrol Outlander as a work car. Wife adored it.3rd row seats only for small kids. Ok on sand but a bit low. Work car last 2 years is a Xtrail and Outlander much better, The Outlander is available in diesel if you look on Peugeot 4007 website. Bit expensive. Wife now has Santa fe diesel and loves it too. Decent seats 3rd row.and tows my 2t boat better than my MN Triton! Had a brand new Rav for few weeks and what a pain.
          My rating on soft roaders that I have driven extensively
          SANTA FE BY MILES (OR NEW SORRENTO )
          OUTLANDER
          XTRAIL
          CRV
          RAV

Comment

• amr75wcr
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Sunny Coast

Mitsubishi believe there is no market for a diesel Outlander hence the Peugeot 4007 (only avaliable in diesel)
            Originally posted by NifftyPaj View Post
            A diesel Outlander would make for a good vehicle.
            Surely it's on Mitsubishi's to do list

You may be surprised at how car like the Paj can be to drive, can't comment on the Challenger as I've never driven one but the size looks great.
            04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• S.Mac
              • Nov 2008
              • Adelaide, SA

Originally posted by werner View Post
              Had the 2.4 petrol Outlander as a work car. Wife adored it.3rd row seats only for small kids. Ok on sand but a bit low. Work car last 2 years is a Xtrail and Outlander much better, The Outlander is available in diesel if you look on Peugeot 4007 website. Bit expensive. Wife now has Santa fe diesel and loves it too. Decent seats 3rd row.and tows my 2t boat better than my MN Triton! Had a brand new Rav for few weeks and what a pain.
              My rating on soft roaders that I have driven extensively
              SANTA FE BY MILES (OR NEW SORRENTO )
              OUTLANDER
              XTRAIL
              CRV
              RAV
              Interesting you say that about the Hyundai. I have had a bit of a look at them. 2.2diesel, 2t towing + 7 seats and pretty cheap 2nd hand makes them prett appealing

Comment

• werner
                • Jul 2008

YEP, The Santa Fe as a package has NO competition. A few of my colleagues had Captivas and our fleet manager removed them from our list as they just had to many small niggles.
                The Santa Fe my wife drives is really tops. Light on fuel for a 7 seater and it moves.
                Did a trip to Somerset dam over the hills and my mates Prado just could not stay ahead on the hills or straits. My wife was driving the Santa.........fully loaded with 7 fatties! The newer Santa Fe's with the 6 speed box must be even better . Those 3rd row seats are decent seats for someone a bit bigger than Japanese dwarfs.
                It is quiet and no rattles after 2 years and Hyundai service excellent which we experiended for the last 7 years of problem free Getz driving.............
                My MN GLXR is only 2 weeks old but I just love the auto although the manual almost convinced me to go back to the dark ages.
                My learner driver son remarks how much faster the Triton is than the Xtrail.
                Maybe its the CVVT that makes some soft roaders smooth but boy do I hate that sound of a car with a clutch that slips.
                The Santa has not been on the beach but on muddy and gravel roads it is predictable and brilliant ,the same as the Outlander.For the beach and serious offroad my Pajero waits patiently in the garage for weekends.
                The RAVS I drove was brand new and leaky rear doors and ratlles and the ESP,AWD,DH assist etc switches are all over the console and not logically spread out. Toyota my eye, they stick a Cruiser badge on it and then sell heaps of them. I am waiting for the Cruiser Corolla............o yes , it is actually called the Kluger. Not to bad but boy is that car thirsty.The new Diesel 7 seat Territory must be nice option?
                If you need a decent 7 seater soft roader go Sant Fe or Sorrento. If 7 seater 4X4 the choice is limited if you need decent 3rd row seats. Who does seroius 4x4 work with 7 people in one car was my thinking . Enjoy the search.Thats the fun part.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X