• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Noel55
    • Oct 2018
    • Nowra NSW

Engine trans temp

Something i discovered. Most possibly know about this but i will post anyhow. My new Exceed, new to me, has a trans fluid leak. I am in the middle of getting it sorted. When it is getting low on fluid the temp gauge rises. Initially i thought it was the engine temp increasing but after checking it was normal. So the trans temp must be monitored as well.
  • marcthelegend
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2008
    • Gosnells, WA

Hi Noel,

There is no link between the coolant temp gauge and transmission temp guage, my understanding is the ECU reads the transmission temperature but as yet don't think anyone has been able to read it using an OBD reader.

It more sounds like the temp guage problem that so many have, the issue is a bad solder connection on a circuit board in the instrument cluster, if you're good with a soldering iron its a 10 minute fix, otherwise any auto-electrician should do the job for pretty cheap, its literally a case of heating the solder joint up and letting it harden again.

Link to the fix is here: http://www.pajero.guru/how-to-fix-th...-nm-2001-1003/

Cheers,

Marc
    05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
    brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• Noel55
      • Oct 2018
      • Nowra NSW

Hi marcthelegend.
      Thanks for that, very interesting. It would just be a fluke then that both times it has risen i have been low on trans fluid. But having said that anything is possible, well with me anyhow. I will check the back of the panel and have a crack at it myself. Again thanks for the info mate.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X