• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobby
    • Mar 2013
    • Australia

Torque Pro and Auto Transmission Temps

Has anyone got Torque Pro reading the automatic transmission temp?

Seems the app doesn't take xgauge commands
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

The settings are listed in this thread:

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

I found they wouldn't work on Torque Lite tho (the free version) so had to buy the pro version ($5, meh)
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Patagonia
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Don´t forget to change the connection rate from auto to 500/11 baud or something like that (don´t remember but search the quoted thread) if not it will upset the transmission ECU and give errors from time to time.

Also, my NS under reads the temperature in 10-12°C with the proposed equation, asked on the forum time ago and it seems I´m the only one with the problem, still very good to have it for example to see when the converter lock acts.
        2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
        Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
        31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
        2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• ryv
          • Jul 2014
          • Albury

I second this - definitely make the baud changes. I had some real issues with that until I sorted it out
          2007 NS GLX Pajero with a few bits and bobs - now off to a new home after the DPF killed it

Check out the blog: http://dejero.wordpress.com

Comment

• cobby
            • Mar 2013
            • Australia

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
            The settings are listed in this thread:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...1&postcount=45

Cheers! I was searching for ages but never managed to stumble across that post. Works a treat. I had started trying to reverse engineer the xgauge commands into PIDs, this is much easier!

Originally posted by Patagonia View Post
            Don´t forget to change the connection rate from auto to 500/11 baud or something like that (don´t remember but search the quoted thread) if not it will upset the transmission ECU and give errors from time to time.

Also, my NS under reads the temperature in 10-12°C with the proposed equation, asked on the forum time ago and it seems I´m the only one with the problem, still very good to have it for example to see when the converter lock acts.
            Can't see anywhere to change the connection rate, but it's working fine for me.

My temp reading hasn't exceeded ~55°C, which is cooler than I was expecting. Coolant temp isn't getting up to the usual ~88°C either (sticking to low 80s), might just be the cold weather. Need to go for a longer drive I think.

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by cobby View Post
              Cheers! I was searching for ages but never managed to stumble across that post. Works a treat. I had started trying to reverse engineer the xgauge commands into PIDs, this is much easier!

Can't see anywhere to change the connection rate, but it's working fine for me.

My temp reading hasn't exceeded ~55°C, which is cooler than I was expecting. Coolant temp isn't getting up to the usual ~88°C either (sticking to low 80s), might just be the cold weather. Need to go for a longer drive I think.
              There may be an issue here with transmission manufacturer.

NS has a Jatco transmission; Jatco is a spin-off from Nissan, and has supplied many manufacturers since 1999. Daimler-Chrysler is on the list, so a "Chrysler / Merc method" might work on an NS, but GM generally make their own transmissions so "GM method" is less likely to work properly on a Jatco transmission if GM don't use it.

NT onwards are using an Aisin transmission; Aisin is a subsidiary of Toyota. The PID "2102" is a non-standard PID i.e. manufacturer specific - the "21" generally indicates a Toyota code. I guess this is why the code works on Aisin transmissions from NT onwards - has anybody used it successfully on a Jatco (NS) transmission?
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Trisome
                • Dec 2012
                • Bray Park

Torque Pro - Auto Temps

Takes a bit of mucking around to get it right, all the directions are here somewhere on the forum.

Here is a screen shot from the other day, 106 kph, highway.

Water = 80
                Auto = 56
                Intake manifold temp = 40
                Turbo boost = 9

when I tow the camper trailer, the auto temp can move 10 to 15 degrees.

Trisome
                Attached Files
                2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Trisome View Post
                  Takes a bit of mucking around to get it right, all the directions are here somewhere on the forum.

Here is a screen shot from the other day, 106 kph, highway.

Water = 80
                  Auto = 56
                  Intake manifold temp = 40
                  Turbo boost = 9

when I tow the camper trailer, the auto temp can move 10 to 15 degrees.

Trisome

Auto temp seems rather low. My NW uses the ultragauge and is about 70 degrees with lock up. Gets up to 90 when slipping around. Cairns is only a bit warmer than Brisbane.

Engine temp is a constant 87
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Trisome
                    • Dec 2012
                    • Bray Park

I have an over size transmission oil cooler, and that keeps the temp down.

The day that was shown here it just rolling down the highway, no load.

Oh....and I use good oil.

Trisome
                    2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X