Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019

Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019 The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
It uses the radar behind the badge. Yes i have tried it. the car doesnt brake for you, it pre pressurises the braking system ready for you to just touch the pedal. the pump makes a lot of noise when it happens.Very unnerving first time i tried it.
On the outlander the car will brake for you.
I was under the impression that the FCM uses the ultrasonic sensors b'cos it activated with a loud grating/grinding noise, when a car cut across me at a junction, more like a cross traffic scenario. In other vehicles with a similar cross traffic safety feature, the system uses the array of ultrasound sensors at both ends and the sides of the bumpers both in the front and the back during reversing. I wonder if there is a rear cross traffic feature while reversing in the PS.
On the other hand if the FCM does use the RADAR, then it may not be wise to mount the lights on either side of the badge thus narrowing its view and negating the cross traffic safety feature.
Old 1 Week Ago

The radar spread is fairly narrow. As long as the Mitsy badge in the centre is not obscured then you won't have a problem. Many have done it. You may have to drill new holes in your bar to spread the lights wider.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxs View Post
I was under the impression that the FCM uses the ultrasonic sensors b'cos it activated with a loud grating/grinding noise, when a car cut across me at a junction, more like a cross traffic scenario. In other vehicles with a similar cross traffic safety feature, the system uses the array of ultrasound sensors at both ends and the sides of the bumpers both in the front and the back during reversing. I wonder if there is a rear cross traffic feature while reversing in the PS.
On the other hand if the FCM does use the RADAR, then it may not be wise to mount the lights on either side of the badge thus narrowing its view and negating the cross traffic safety feature.

The range of the ultrasonics is minimal, about 1.5 metres. The sensors see nothing beyond that. The Blind spot warning sensors are a bit stronger. Rear

cross traffic alert uses different system, with Large Units behind the bumper bar.

The Feild of vision of the radar is narrow as it leaves the sensor, and spreads out so you might be alright with smaller lights.

When we calibrate the FCM we use a Mirror about 1.5 m high and 1m wide, placed about 1m in front of the bumper.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I,d just stick the 9 inch lights on. Anyone who needs the fcm or adaptive cruise..shouldn,t hold a bloody licence if they cant see 10foot in front or dont know how to slow down when approaching a vehicle in front. Cant believe the shite they put on cars...Front in crash...there,s another $2000 worth of bullshit to fix!!!
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
I,d just stick the 9 inch lights on. Anyone who needs the fcm or adaptive cruise..shouldn,t hold a bloody licence if they cant see 10foot in front or dont know how to slow down when approaching a vehicle in front. Cant believe the shite they put on cars...Front in crash...there,s another $2000 worth of bullshit to fix!!!
I'm sure someone would have said the same about seat belts 50 - 60 years ago.

Gotta move with the times and it's an added safety feature. That being said, I've grown to like the adaptive cruise control and use it a lot now. Forward collision..... that's another story. I hate it as it is too sensitive at times, has actually applied the brakes in completely unnecessary situations a couple of times so I now just turn it off. But others like it and that's their choice.