Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default Will NP Suspension fit an NW?

Gday,
I am looking to upgrade, and will most likely scrap the NP. The springs and shocks are still good. Would they fit an NW?
Also, I have a projecta 150 dual battery isolator, would that work in the NW, or have they got a smart alternator that needs a dc to dc?
Would the cargo barrier fit a well?
Thanks,
Andrew

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

2003 NP DID Manual - rear cargo barrier, dual battery system, drop down table on back door, GME UHF, winch bar and Warn 9000lb winch, 2" lift - Lovells HD springs and Bilstein shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, custom sump bash plate, transmission guard and 35w HID driving lights, home build sidesteps, 265/75/16 Summit Mudhog play tyres, rear work light, 120w lightbar - yet to do, rear drawer system.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman4x4 View Post
Gday,
I am looking to upgrade, and will most likely scrap the NP. The springs and shocks are still good. Would they fit an NW?
Also, I have a projecta 150 dual battery isolator, would that work in the NW, or have they got a smart alternator that needs a dc to dc?
Would the cargo barrier fit a well?
Thanks,
Andrew

The suspension will fit...coils and shocks are the same.

The NW has a variable output alternator. If you can trick it into keeping above the switch on threshold of the projecta, there will be no dramas. I found by just constantly running my fan - even on notch 1, this tends to do the job. So I just don't switch the fan off. Headlights or parker lights on didn't work for me. You should know my thoughts on the dc/dc by now, but if you already have the projecta VSR, go for it.

Barrier should fit, but you may have to engineer mounts for the top. Due to curtain airbags, the gen 4's dont get the drilled hole treatment the NP required for fitment and it leans backwards into the cargo space. I just made longer brackets and transferred my barrier across from the NP.

Hope the above helps.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Thanks for that. Might go for a new one. I'd forget to keep something running. Cargo barrier i might build into a storage unit i would build.
Cheers,
Andrew

2003 NP DID Manual - rear cargo barrier, dual battery system, drop down table on back door, GME UHF, winch bar and Warn 9000lb winch, 2" lift - Lovells HD springs and Bilstein shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, custom sump bash plate, transmission guard and 35w HID driving lights, home build sidesteps, 265/75/16 Summit Mudhog play tyres, rear work light, 120w lightbar - yet to do, rear drawer system.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.