Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Team Mitsubishi Ralliart. --- Paj Sport, Triton and Paj.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s311_bvm
    • Oct 2011
    • AUS

Team Mitsubishi Ralliart. --- Paj Sport, Triton and Paj.

Team Mitsubishi Ralliart are now offering ECU update for Triton and Pajero Sport to 147 kW and 470nm. It looks like they will also do Pajero but are not listing the values.

On the down side MMAL will not support warranty on updated vehicles.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by s311_bvm View Post
    On the down side MMAL will not support warranty on updated vehicles.
    trying to find that quote on the link you sent ...

as I find it very hard to believe they wouldn't support your warranty ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Merts
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2011
      • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by littleriver View Post

I wouldn't be all that surprised if increasing the power and torque output significantly from factory specs affected the factory warranty.

It would be nice to see something definitive on the issue from MMAL and/or TMR.
      Merts
      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• s311_bvm
        • Oct 2011
        • AUS

trying to find that quote on the link you sent ...

A guy I know called them and asked about the warranty. They stated that MMAL will not cover it.
        Last edited by s311_bvm; 15-02-17, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

Originally posted by s311_bvm View Post
          A guy I know called them and asked about the warranty. They stated that MMAL will not cover it.
          yes of course mitsubishi won't cover the tune ... as is after market add on like any product ... but as I mentioned I doubt it would void you manufacturer warranty ... there are so many factors involved and to prove it defected your vehicle would be near impossible ... it's like saying you put a non genuine bull bar on the car now you have no warranty

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Merts
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2011
            • Bendigo Vic

yes of course mitsubishi won't cover the tune ... as is after market add on like any product ... but as I mentioned I doubt it would void you manufacturer warranty ... there are so many factors involved and to prove it defected your vehicle would be near impossible ... it's like saying you put a non genuine bull bar on the car now you have no warranty

It isn't really like that at all.

This sort of tune by default places additional stress on engine components.
            If something in the engine or driveline failed, MMAL could quite reasonably claim the increased engine output was a likely contributing factor.

A bullbar, as long as it doesn't exceed front axle load limits couldn't be blamed for anything failing.

Just to be clear, when people say voids the warranty, what it means is voids the warranty only in relation to parts affected by the modification.
            Merts
            Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
            Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Merts View Post
              It isn't really like that at all.

This sort of tune by default places additional stress on engine components.
              If something in the engine or driveline failed, MMAL could quite reasonably claim the increased engine output was a likely contributing factor.

A bullbar, as long as it doesn't exceed front axle load limits couldn't be blamed for anything failing.

Just to be clear, when people say voids the warranty, what it means is voids the warranty only in relation to parts affected by the modification.

Yep, you whole driveline warranty would be lost. That includes everything from the motor to the axles.

Comment

• NTX
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Got a reply from Daniel at TMR regarding details of tune on NT 3.2 Pajero:

Hi Matt, thanks for your email.

When we tune the 3.2lt Pajero we usually nett around 135-140kW at the wheels with the Torque being around 620-630Nm dyno’s being dyno’s.

It’s very healthy and makes the Pajero come alive! Lag is reduced, overall throttle response is improved dramatically, and the Pajero once tuned feels like an athlete when compared to standard.

**I also asked about exhaust and these figures are for Paj with standard exhaust.
                2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• PradoEater
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Oatley

Originally posted by NTX View Post

When we tune the 3.2lt Pajero we usually nett around 135-140kW at the wheels with the Torque being around 620-630Nm dyno’s being dyno’s.

It’s very healthy and makes the Pajero come alive! Lag is reduced, overall throttle response is improved dramatically, and the Pajero once tuned feels like an athlete when compared to standard.

**I also asked about exhaust and these figures are for Paj with standard exhaust.

Would you know what dyno are they using? Those torque figures are quite high, mine only got to about 500nm on a hub with exhaust and front mount intercooler
                  NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                  Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• NTX
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by PradoEater View Post
                    Would you know what dyno are they using? Those torque figures are quite high, mine only got to about 500nm on a hub with exhaust and front mount intercooler
                    Yeah sorry mate, no idea, he didn't give me much details. You could try contacting them and ask for Daniel to clarify?
                    Last edited by NTX; 23-04-17, 09:13 PM.
                    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• NTX
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by PradoEater View Post
                      Not that Im any expert, but your figures sound pretty low actually. 3" exhaust upgraded intercooler and chip or tune? I would have thought you would be pushing well over 600NM? Would be interesting to get a second opinion (Dyno) done.
                      Last edited by NTX; 23-04-17, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Maximage
                        • Mar 2013
                        • Darch, Perth, WA

Originally posted by NTX View Post

OK, so I have a 3" turbo back cat-less exhaust. I have also just upgraded to a Johhny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, however on a quick Dyno run I don't really think that woouldl make much difference as it's more about keeping intake temps down on longer more stressful runs. Was in Melbourne a couple of days before Easter so had the car booked in to be re-tuned.

I know you never get the actual kW rating from the car on a dyno vs what is advertised, but not sure if this is lower than expectation to start with. Anyone else had a dyno test done on theirs? So this is what they gave me saying it was my Dyno run pre and post. I never like them having no identifying features on the printout. So, from 95, has gone up to 115kW at the wheel, and 445Nm up to 520Nm.

Now after the new intercooler went in I found that turbo lag was still there but was much softer and not such a snap as it kicked in (more "rounded"), guessing due to it taking a touch longer to build up pressure in the larger volume intercooler. Remap seems to have brought back a bit more of that kick, but I am always dubious of it all being in the mind as unfortunately I didn't really get much driving time between fitting the intercooler and getting the tune done to get a nice comparison.

Basically went from picking up the car from being tuned to collecting a new caravan to drive back to Perth. As I was hooked up to the van I couldn't get a feel for the car alone. Did a standing start with the caravan on the Nullarbor and got a 17 sec 0-100 with a 2.5 tonne van attached. Haven't done one yet with just the bare car.

Not so convinced the increase is overly dramatic. Apparently they took the car down to Dyno Dynamics I think he said. Not being a Melbournite that bit went over my head, should have paid more attention. Was the end of a long few days after having just driven to Melbourne in 2 days.
                        Last edited by Maximage; 23-04-17, 10:40 AM.
                        SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X