Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Techniques

Techniques Winching - Recoveries - Chainsaw Safety - Proper aproach to 4wding etc

Old 30-11-15

I use mine a lot, get lots of flat tyres when working and I dislike changing tyres

2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do
Old 30-11-15

^^ now that's commitment!

Haven't used mine much but when i have its been very handy.
Old 30-11-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Whiley View Post
We all cough up varying amounts for compressors but apart from the kids bikes and the wheelbarrow tyre I've never used mine, I've dropped the pressure for sand but the servo on the way home seems easier, so do you ever actually use yours?
Well George, What's your verdict?
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 30-11-15

Shows what I know, I haven't been using it when I should be, just lazy I guess
Old 01-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by supazuk View Post
I use mine a lot, get lots of flat tyres when working and I dislike changing tyres

Thank god for the "Kevlar reinforced sidewalls" eh? Imagine what could've happened without 'em.
Old 02-12-15
Valued Member

Before you go and use a servo based compressor - check to make sure there is a moisture trap and that you are not puting lots of condensation into your tyres...

To do this - I have a loose tyre valve stem. Before using a servo compressor I connect it to the air line and let it run for 10-15 sec to make sure there is no moisture coming out..

One time I was coming back from Stockton and stopped at a very well attended servo and there was so much moisture coming out that it was like a fine mist of water... - suffice to say I didn't fill up at that servo, but rather waited 20 mins for a mate to finish using his compressor and used that (I didn't take mine with me on that trip unfortunately)

Whilst a little bit won't destroy your tyres or cause too much issue - moisture can cause leaking valves.....
Old 02-12-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF View Post
Before you go and use a servo based compressor - check to make sure there is a moisture trap and that you are not puting lots of condensation into your tyres...

To do this - I have a loose tyre valve stem. Before using a servo compressor I connect it to the air line and let it run for 10-15 sec to make sure there is no moisture coming out..

One time I was coming back from Stockton and stopped at a very well attended servo and there was so much moisture coming out that it was like a fine mist of water... - suffice to say I didn't fill up at that servo, but rather waited 20 mins for a mate to finish using his compressor and used that (I didn't take mine with me on that trip unfortunately)

Whilst a little bit won't destroy your tyres or cause too much issue - moisture can cause leaking valves.....

Yep, I went to our local servo once and it was almost like turning on the water tap

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 02-12-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF View Post

Good reminder. I just bought a large from from tool supply company and use that at home. Has a water trap.
Old 15-12-15

We carry one & use it every time we hit the bitumen on outback trips.

We do 20PSI in the front tyres & 26PSI in the rears on most dirt roads. The tyres on the CT have 20PSI in them also on the dirt.

40PSI all round on the tar.

I stopped playing in mud when I was about 4 years old. If it's muddy, we don't go. If it rains when we're out there, we wait till it dries out.

I enjoy driving in sand, no mess & if you've thought it through, no issues! Pitty that the same can't be said for bulldust wallows lol!