Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Techniques

Techniques Winching - Recoveries - Chainsaw Safety - Proper aproach to 4wding etc

Old 09-05-14

I have just worked out a mod now.

When I flick the gear lever over the gate to +/-, it trips a micro limit switch which then turns off ASC.

So for normal road driving I have the safety of ASC, and as soon as I hit a sandy patch I can easily disable ASC on the fly. No more unwanted computer interference.

Also means I can steer with the rear when required

Will post up details with photos when I get the chance.
Old 09-05-14

Good for drifting
Old 09-05-14
Valued Member

Is it using the same principles as the ASC OFF when centre diff is locked in 4Hlc and 4Llc mode I posted a few weeks ago?

cheers, old Jack.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 09-05-14

Hi Old Jack,

I searched through your recent posts and couldn't find the one you are referring to.

But from the info you have given, it is probably a similar method.

Essentially you are tricking the ASC computer into thinking the transfer is in low range, which cancels the ASC regardless of vehicle speed or gear selection.

I was playing with the diff lock engagement route, but it did not work on my car being a LHD model which if you refer to the electrical manual was not available itch a diff lock.
Old 17-06-17

This is a really interesting thread. Did the NM have ASC, TC and CANBUS, or if not when was it introduced?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 17-06-17
Valued Member

Was introduced with the NP, not the NM. I believe the late 2003 3.8L NP was the first of the petrols, it is drive by wire (no throttle cable) which is required for ASC. 3.5L Early 2003 NP doesn't have these goodies. I think the diesel got it in around the same time but not sure, as I have petrol + lpg.
2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam
Old 25-06-17

Hi, thanks, sorry for late response, i forgot i turned a heap of notifications off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk