Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Flat Battery - do I need an ECU re-learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Flat Battery - do I need an ECU re-learn?

My battery went flat because the LED light strip under the bonnet got accidentally turned on when the isolating awitch failed. I disconnected the battery and charged it up with a 4 amp trickle charger. All good now, in fact the battery really cranks the engine over really fast now. We went for a drive today but the car seemed to be using more fuel than normal. OK - weather conditions were foul to say the least - 100 km/h+ winds - headwind on the way out as well, but fuel consumption seemed much higher than normal. On the return trip, it still seemed rather high, especially with the 100 km/h+ tailwind.

Question: Disconnecting the battery - do I now need to take the beast to the local dealer and get a re-learn, or will the ECu teach itself about my driving habits and set itself up correctly? Performance seemed to be as good as ever, - simply the fuel consumption seemed to be rather high.
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

On my 2003 model it relearns on its own after a while of driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Follow-up: I had to go to Canberra last week and the beast seems to have reset itself. In fact it seems to go even better than before, but that could also be because I have only done a few km since returning from a 5000 km caravan trip. It always seems to fly when released from the caravan. Anyway, it has reset itself.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by erad View Post
        Follow-up: I had to go to Canberra last week and the beast seems to have reset itself. In fact it seems to go even better than before, but that could also be because I have only done a few km since returning from a 5000 km caravan trip. It always seems to fly when released from the caravan. Anyway, it has reset itself.

They can take a while to reset/relearn the fuel consumption. I just returned from a Cape York trip with a camper trailer. Know what you mean about car seeming to fly once the trailer is unhooked!!
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X